• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Krunkle

Sep 29, 2010
    If someone lives out of state and has a concealed carry license in that state, can they legally carry a concealed handgun in Maryland while visiting here? Thanks.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    I wish.... I have a Wa state ccw that is valid in Va but not here in Md :mad54::tdown::sad20:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There are a few states that do not honor any other permit. And some that are Shall Issue that don't.

Oregon is Shall Issue to residents, will only issue to adjoining states, but does not honor other state's permit.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    If someone lives out of state and has a concealed carry license in that state, can they legally carry a concealed handgun in Maryland while visiting here? Thanks.

If you have one of the few 'good and substantial' reasons for a carry permit in MD (e.g. ownership of a business with cash deposits), you can try to obtain a MD carry permit. The howto is somewhere buried in this thread:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=77878

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    If you have one of the few 'good and substantial' reasons for a carry permit in MD (e.g. ownership of a business with cash deposits), you can try to obtain a MD carry permit.
    Actually it's just deposits. Matter of fact they don't even care if you physically go to the bank to make deposit. They could be nothing more than deposits made on your iPhone directly to your Bank of America account. How do I know this. I have one of those Marilyn permits and I have never made a cash deposit. I am on my first renewal also.

Oh yeah, and hell no, you can't carry in the state with an out-of-state permit.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom