Votes: 24 72.7%
    • Hornady Single Stage LNL with QC Bushings

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    New to reloading. I'm currently using a pair of Lee Loaders. Looking to upgrade to a single stage press. Eyeballing a RCBS Rockchucker and the Hornady Lock N Load with the quick change bushings. More interested in precision than reloading bulk. Not looking for a huge debate to kick off, just an opinion on these two presses.

duckslayer

Feb 3, 2009
    southern dorchester county
    In fairness I have never even seen much less used a Hornady press. However the one set of dies made by them I possess has tainted my opinion forever. Good bullets and brass but not my fave for equipment.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I bought a hornady and took it back. They make decent equipmemt but rcbs just seems to be a little bit better.

The press was a little wobbly at the handle and the rcbs is like a tank and solid as can be.... no wobble.

I feel the same way about the dies can get them done with hornady and like some features of the bullet seating die but i get way more stuck cases when resizing mil brass from hornady than i do rcbs. I do use the seating die still as i like it but for resizing mil brass i will not use hornady anymore.

Just my experience.

Jun 20, 2014
    I have been loading on a RCBS Rock Chucker since 1978. I can not even guess how many rounds have passed through it and it is still Rock solid. This poll will be similar to the Ford / Chevy debate , both presses are quite worthy and capable of lasting for a life time of reloading.:party29:

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Can't go wrong with a Rockchucker. But I am partial to Lee dies. like was mentioned Hornady components are great but the hardware is less impressive IMO.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Get the best of both worlds. Get the RCBS Rock Chucker, and put the adapter to use the lnl bushings in it.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Get the best of both worlds. Get the RCBS Rock Chucker, and put the adapter to use the lnl bushings in it.

:thumbsup:
    This.... have 2 very old Rock Chuckers, used one for "swaging" boolits also making .22 cal bullets from .22 rimfire cases, not one issue out of them, Before , progressive became affordable, used to set one up with the sizer, the other with the seater. Picked up a bunch of LNL bushings, on sale from Midway. They are still going strong.

-Rockl

Red Eye

Feb 17, 2011
    Hanover, Pa.
    Out of your two choices, I'd go Rock Chucker. I think the Hornady is only cast aluminum, the Chucker is cast steel.
    But when I was looking for a single stage, I went with a Redding Big Boss, awesome press, built like a tank. I think it beats both of them.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Get the Rockchucker, I bought a used one last year, works great. I use it as a back up to my Lyman turret press that i've had for about 25 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom