Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Last edited:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I have never been to the La Plata show. What is it like? I am in Waldorf, so it is convinient.

You can find a few good deals but you got to know what your buying, odd ammo or milsurp, cleaning supplies, cheap Chinese knives, after market add-on parts, leather sheaves, mix of knife gun and outdoor related items, never tell want you may find.

This isn't a "Nations event" like the one at Chantilly its much smaller, about half the size of the one at Howard County Fairgrounds. They been working to get a Gun show established is this area so show your support.

Get in for $7 with the a dollar off coupon and not having to deal with traffic and driving to middle of Northern Virginia its worth for me.:)

Dollar off Coupon
    http://www.gunshows-usa.com/maryland.shtml

Last edited:

garciacorp

Have fun, Shoot straight!
    Dec 9, 2011
    La Plata, MD
    Just came from La Plata show, small but good atmosphere. Kid friendly , nothing over the top and deals can be made. Everyone who can should support so that it can keep growing $7.00 buy in for Sat/ Sun to do. My 2 cents.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Stopped by since I was nearby. It was small, but had plenty of space to expand. What I was looking for is all available elseware for less so didn't see any bargains. Fox Firearms seemed to have almost a quarter of the space to himself.;)

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Stopped by for awhile. Very small but I enjoyed it. Somehow that one vendor who can't speak English and is selling junk is always there though.

Might go tomorrow. Anyone happen to see any handgun caliber semi-auto carbines or lever guns?

Def a bunch of lever guns there. Saw a few Sub-2k's in 40s&w and some Cx4 Storm's.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    GNR, saw some AR's in 9mm, a couple Sub 2000, Good amount of pistols and AR pistols.

Seemed like $405 was the going price on Ruger 10/22 takedown, seemed kinda high to me. No real ammo cans, just plastic boxes. A lot of crappy knives with a sprinkling of Ka bar's and ZT. No bargain on ammo either. One thing I did find which was calling for a new home was a Mossberg MVP in .308, but 799 with a no name scope or 699 optic free left me :banghead:

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    GNR, saw some AR's in 9mm, a couple Sub 2000, Good amount of pistols and AR pistols.

Seemed like $405 was the going price on Ruger 10/22 takedown, seemed kinda high to me. No real ammo cans, just plastic boxes. A lot of crappy knives with a sprinkling of Ka bar's and ZT. No bargain on ammo either. One thing I did find which was calling for a new home was a Mossberg MVP in .308, but 799 with a no name scope or 699 optic free left me :banghead:

Thanks.

Maybe I'll just go to rock my MD Shooters shirt at the FOX booth. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom