Larry Hogan "supports" the second amendment...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hogan's TV commercials end with the plea to elect him because Maryland needs a new governor.

Huh? Hasn't anyone told him that the incumbent isn't running again???

It's like a huge, "THUD" as the punch line to his campaign ad. Are they dense, or am I missing something? Maryland WILL have a new governor. Hello, Hogan, anybody there??

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Actually he DID do something, he said if the "Assault Rifle" bill came across his desk (the one Leah Barrett, or whatever her real name is, pushed for BIG TIME in 2004 to replace the Federal ban that was going to sunset later that year), he wouldn't sign it into law. He actually wanted that state bill to disappear. Apparently a lot of you forgot about that.

It's gotta' be played to try not piss off, and hopefully appease both sides of the isle. If chances of second term look REAL good, wait for then to come out with your true colors. If chances look dismal for second term as it approaches, cut loose with true colors in latter first and only term.

See my previous posts ^^^ above. Hope this helps. I don't know anything about the "we would have a seat at the table" thing; not to say he didn't say that.

Aaahhh, Dan, as of less than 1/2 hour ago, Larry Hogan hasn't requested a meeting with the MLFDA as I called a VP just several minutes ago to see if there was going to be a meeting scheduled with Hogan soon. Where did you get that information???

Lou, He was supposed to be meeting with Steve, not sure when.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If he met with AGC & MSI then when are we going to hear the outcome of the meeting? Or are the members just little people who really don't need to know all the facts. I just checked MSI's web site and there isn't anything there.

When I get a chance to go over my notes it will get posted/sent out, right now I have been a little busy running a business.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Hogan is pro-2A. I have spoken with him personally. He's trying to win an election in a strongly anti-gun State. What happens to his chances of winning the "D" votes that he needs if there is a whole bunch of 2A stuff all over everything?
    Lets say he wins. He gets into office and does nothing to help because he will want to run next time. Great If you want to play defense but not offense. Md's gun laws were tolerable before the FSA 2013 (minus carry-rights) but now they are worse than CA in some ways.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Hogan's TV commercials end with the plea to elect him because Maryland needs a new governor.

Huh? Hasn't anyone told him that the incumbent isn't running again???

It's like a huge, "THUD" as the punch line to his campaign ad. Are they dense, or am I missing something? Maryland WILL have a new governor. Hello, Hogan, anybody there??

I am pretty sure he knows that and is simply equating Brown/Gansler to being the same as Marty.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    His campaign manager called me back, but I was unavailable when he did. I will talk to him tomorrow.

Apr 21, 2014
    My name is David Craig and I'm running for Governor. I was the first and only candidate who has addressed the gun issue. I am for the second amendment and for conceal carry. I will repeal SB 281. My running mate, Jeannie Haddaway has a 100% rating from the NRA.
    PROOF_zps39491df6.jpg

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Well there you have it...one guy puts his position out there and the other guy deletes Facebook posts and gives non committal BS answers we've heard for years.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Okay folks, let me lay this out for you and if you aren't a fan, that's cool.

I have worked dozens of campaigns--local, state, Congressional and Gubenatorial. I have been a part of messaging and strategy. I am not an officer in any 2A group nor an elected leader.

I VOLUNTEER my campaign time for fighters. Otherwise, I am quite happy to sit by my pool and watch my girl grow up. (And hang at the range and take tactical classes, etc).

I have met with Larry Hogan. I asked others whom I have implicit trust in 2A and business matters to "vet" him for me as I was a wee bit busy in session.

It is my opinion that Larry Hogan is our guy. So much so that when asked to be his county coordinator, despite the load on my plate already, I was pleased to be able to say "yes".

Some people on here got all pissed off at a guy who doesn't like Hogan who has a rockin' 9 postings on here. Anyone know his real name? Know anything about him? Does it occur to anyone that other campaigns are on here trying to divide us?

You know me, you've heard my views and you know what I fight tooth and nail for.

I represent no one but myself but for the record:

My name is Andi Morony and I am endorsing Larry Hogan for Governor.

(And yes, I know someone is going to scream at me over it but thats politics...it's my opinion and I've done the research and asked the hard questions.)

Love you guys...vote however you want, just please God, VOTE!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    My name is David Craig and I'm running for Governor. I was the first and only candidate who has addressed the gun issue. I am for the second amendment and for conceal carry. I will repeal SB 281. My running mate, Jeannie Haddaway has a 100% rating from the NRA.
    PROOF_zps39491df6.jpg

And just exactly how are you proposing that you are going to repeal SB281? And since you are for concealed carry, how do you plan to support it in Maryland?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I just looked at Hogan's website and came to the conclusion that he isn't commenting on anything that he will attempt if elected. Its just filled with a bunch of observations about the past and that a change is needed. Where's his plan?

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    PROOF_zps39491df6.jpg

How do you repeal a law that is already in place without legislation coming to your desk? I'm not impressed by someone who claims to be able to do something that *to my knowledge* can't be done from the Governor's mansion. I am happy to stand corrected, if you can provide more info.

And however lovely Delegate Haddaway may be, she cannot veto legislation. In point of fact, I am not sure she can do ANYTHING legislatively as Lt Guv except testify.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    An R trying to win an election in a state where Democrats outnumber Republicans 2:1 and a good number of those D's are progressive democrats, would you not think it would be logical to avoid giving your opponent ammunition to use against you?

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Okay folks, let me lay this out for you and if you aren't a fan, that's cool.

I have worked dozens of campaigns--local, state, Congressional and Gubenatorial. I have been a part of messaging and strategy. I am not an officer in any 2A group nor an elected leader.

I VOLUNTEER my campaign time for fighters. Otherwise, I am quite happy to sit by my pool and watch my girl grow up. (And hang at the range and take tactical classes, etc).

I have met with Larry Hogan. I asked others whom I have implicit trust in 2A and business matters to "vet" him for me as I was a wee bit busy in session.

It is my opinion that Larry Hogan is our guy. So much so that when asked to be his county coordinator, despite the load on my plate already, I was pleased to be able to say "yes".

Some people on here got all pissed off at a guy who doesn't like Hogan who has a rockin' 9 postings on here. Anyone know his real name? Know anything about him? Does it occur to anyone that other campaigns are on here trying to divide us?

You know me, you've heard my views and you know what I fight tooth and nail for.

I represent no one but myself but for the record:

My name is Andi Morony and I am endorsing Larry Hogan for Governor.

(And yes, I know someone is going to scream at me over it but thats politics...it's my opinion and I've done the research and asked the hard questions.)

Love you guys...vote however you want, just please God, VOTE!

:thumbsup:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Lets say he wins. He gets into office and does nothing to help because he will want to run next time. Great If you want to play defense but not offense. Md's gun laws were tolerable before the FSA 2013 (minus carry-rights) but now they are worse than CA in some ways.

How do we know any of the Republican gubernatorial candidates will do what they promise?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Maryland is NOT a Conservative/ Libertarian state. Maryland's electorate averages out to center-left. Our *problem* in recent decades is the Democrat leadership has gone waaaay beyond the actual Electorate to far, far Left. To bring our Gov't back into reasonable conformity with the Electorate would be a fine goal. Trying to become a conservative Mecca , is pointless and counter productive.

If a candidate doesn't play the ppolitical game , they won't get elected , so any speculation about what they'd do in Office is meaningless.

I'd love a Govenor who knows a second term is off the table going in. If they try to do anything meaningful either Conservative OR libertarian , the GA and the Dems generally will turn on them , and they will be in-reelectable anyway.

I WANT a Gov who will drop trou , and tell the GA to kiss it. Then without any pretense to be bipartisan and play nice , go scorched earth with Gubanatorial powers for the good of the state.

He wouldn't even need a whole term. After a year or so , resign , and leave the Liut Gov to be nice and play defense. . Take the family to Disney World , and when he gets back anounce his run for Congress in 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom