• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    As promised I am updating the progress to date.

Timeline as follows:

- MSP Received request - Friday, April 10th (FedEx - Signed for by: V.BLERIGS)
    - Entered into MSP system - Monday, April 13th ( I requested name of trooper handling my modification, was told it is a process and will take 7-21 days)
    - Received the following email today Wednesday, April 22nd

"" Mr. Man,

A review of your handgun permit application #43*-***** by the Maryland State Police Licensing Division Handgun Permit Unit revealed that additional information is required as follows:

1. Supporting documentation is needed to substantiate the request to add "for all lawful purposes" to your current handgun permit. The request alone is not justification to modify the permit.

If the documentation is not received in this office by May 22, 2015, your application will be disapproved.

Please return a copy of this email and the requested documentation to the Handgun Permit Unit at 1111 Reisterstown Rd., Pikesville, MD 21208. If you have further questions contact me via email.

--
    Sgt. A. Knaub
    Handgun Permit Section
    Maryland State Police
    ""

Ok, so I need some advice as to what to include in the documentation. I am considering citing the fact that since the adoption of SB281 it is now a criminal violation to be outside your permit restrictions and that the restriction of "while actively involved in financial business transactions" is some what vague and up to interpretation which puts me at risk for criminal charges based on a SUBJECTIVE opinion.

I do find it kind of surreal that carrying for ALL LAWFUL purposes is not something they want to get behind.

Jack M. since you were once on that side of things I could really use some advice from you specifically.

Thanks,

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Timeline as follows:

- Entered into MSP system - Monday, April 13th ( I requested name of trooper handling my modification, was told it is a process and will take 7-21 days)

"" Mr. Man,

A review of your handgun permit application #43*-***** by the Maryland State Police Licensing Division Handgun Permit Unit revealed that additional information is required as follows:

1. Supporting documentation is needed to substantiate the request to add "for all lawful purposes" to your current handgun permit. The request alone is not justification to modify the permit.

If the documentation is not received in this office by May 22, 2015, your application will be disapproved.

Please return a copy of this email and the requested documentation to the Handgun Permit Unit at 1111 Reisterstown Rd., Pikesville, MD 21208. If you have further questions contact me via email.

--
    Sgt. A. Knaub
    Handgun Permit Section
    Maryland State Police
    ""

Ok, so I need some advice as to what to include in the documentation. I am considering citing the fact that since the adoption of SB281 it is now a criminal violation to be outside your permit restrictions and that the restriction of "while actively involved in financial business transactions" is some what vague and up to interpretation which puts me at risk for criminal charges based on a SUBJECTIVE opinion.

I do find it kind of surreal that carrying for ALL LAWFUL purposes is not something they want to get behind.

Jack M. since you were once on that side of things I could really use some advice from you specifically.

Thanks,

Going through things now with MSP. Waiting for my informal review. I take it that you have a permit and want restrictions removed?

BTW, looks like my good buddy is reviewing your application too.

If you want some info, call me.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Barring some formal directive from the Superintendent or the Governor to the Superintendent to change policy, nothing you say will change the outcome. As someone I know says, "There is right, there is wrong and there is reality." Unfortunately, you are dealing with reality.

If there were magic words to get restriction free permits, we'd all have them.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Your in the Peoples Republic of Maryland did you really think things would change here? Stop thinking like a citizen and more like a subject its the Maryland thing to do! You don't have rights here you have what the politicians think you should have. And they aren't happy with what you to have and would take it away in a minute if they could. Now get in line and pay your rain tax! In Maryland you are just another brick in the wall.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Why would you say that? This is no reflection of Hogan and Pallozi....yet.

Really?

Pallozi is the MSP superintendent

Hogan is Pallozi's boss.

Last I checked, they were in charge. The COMAR gives the Superintendent wide latitude in defining "Good and Substantial"

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013

Timeline as follows:

"" Mr. Man,

--
    Sgt. A. Knaub
    Handgun Permit Section
    Maryland State Police
    ""

Thanks,

Attach a transcript of Jack's speech, and while you're at it, attach a transcript of Jacqueline's speech. The request is valid based upon the crimes that are committed in this state and that you have a right to defend yourself without damn restrictions.

I'm getting tired of this crap. Hogan and Pallozzi are not deaf, dumb, or blind; they know what's going on and are refusing to do anything about it.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Really?

Pallozi is the MSP superintendent

Hogan is Pallozi's boss.

Last I checked, they were in charge. The COMAR gives the Superintendent wide latitude in defining "Good and Substantial"

When was sine die? Our community needs to be patient. The last 10 years of tyranny cannot be changed in 90, 100 or 300 days. Things will progress. I guarantee it.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    When was sine die? Our community needs to be patient. The last 10 years of tyranny cannot be changed in 90, 100 or 300 days. Things will progress. I guarantee it.

Yep. 90 days in office and the next 4 years have already been decided.

Books are closed.

I'm done with this place's negativity.

How hard is it to issue a lawful order to a subordinate?

Answer: Not very hard...

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I would dig up crime stats for MD in general and show that they are higher than the average state in the nation justifying the apprehended fear of danger. That's about the best I could offer right now.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013

Are you a gambling man? :innocent0

I don't understand the constant sense that disapproval of the fact that nothing has been done is overbearingly negative; I understand aspects such as wanting the GA to get out of session before trying anything, it could very well be political suicide...and? The GA is out of session, and Pallozzi has the ability to implement a change without any backlash whatsoever. He has been directly contact by numerous people, all of whom have gotten nothing but crap in return.

I don't particularly care about what your politics are; there are good people in this state having crimes committed against them and they do not have the lawful ability to protect themselves. I have a family member who just recently was the victim of some degenerate predator, and they contemplating carrying without a permit for a few days...needless to say, they decided otherwise, because they have so much that they just can't afford to lose, because politics matter more than lives.

Things can most certainly change in the coming years, but it still pisses me off. This isn't something that is "meh, kinda good for us", we have people in this state that are suffering because of political bs.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    It's been 90 days wheres my unlimited unrestricted free lifetime CCW/hunting license? What do you mean these things take time?! I am Veruca Salt, I want my golden goose.
    Please tell me you're joking. Exactly how many days does it take for a governor and his superintendant to support what is right and make a change? They don't need anyone else's permission to make the change, it is 100% up to them. What exactly are they waiting for the planets to align. My request is reasonable and valid.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    How hard is it to issue a lawful order to a subordinate?

Answer: Not very hard...

If he wants to piss all of the libtards off and ruin any bi-partisan plans and future goals, then yes. Not everything is that simple. He can declare permits to be approved and then next year we get them yanked back out from under us during the legislative session. Have some patience and wait for a long term solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom