• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I can do a trigger job on my 10/22's in about an hour, maybe two if I do the travel limiters. I don't see the point in buying a trigger that cost 1/2 the price of the gun?

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    So I just got mine in the mail. It was backordered but finally came in.

I installed it tonight. I haven't done a live fire yet, but did a bunch of dry fires. And while it is NOT as nice as my AR-15 two-stage Geissele (but I wasn't expecting that either; and oh by the way thanks Chad for turning me on to the 2S Geisseles!) it's still a very nice improvement over the standard Ruger 10/22 trigger sold with the gun. It has a much lighter take-up, with a clean break.

I also moved over my Kidd bolt release to the new trigger and that works just fine too.

FYI most vendors are charging the MSRP of $90. Midwayusa has it on sale for $70:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/53...d-assembly-ruger-10-22-25-30-lb-polymer-black

For those of you who haven't seen this, the Ruger web site on the BX-trigger is here:

http://www.ruger.com/micros/BX-Trigger/

Bottom line? I'm happy with my purchase, especially when it's discounted 20 bucks from Midway. I hope to get it out to the range in a couple of weeks, but I expect live fire will be just as smooth as the dry fires. It's worth $70 to me to make a great gun even better.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    FYI I got my Ruger 10/22 out to the Berwyn Rod & Gun Club range in Bowie earlier this week and it performed great! Indeed it felt even better than when I dry fired it at home. It is a much lighter and smoother pull than the original factory trigger and I shot nice tight groups on Berwyn's 100 yard rifle range. As stated above it's not an AR-15 two-stage Geissele trigger, but it is a huge improvement over what was in there before.

I like it, would highly recommend it to others, and would buy it again if I were to ever get another 10/22.

And oh, as an aside, I notice that MidwayUSA still has the BX Trigger on sale (though it's $5 more than when I bought it).

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I bought one from a guy on AR15.com for $40 shipped. He said he didn't like it. I put it into one of my 10/22 rifles and I see (or feel) nothing wrong. So, it stayed in the rifle.

I'm happy.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think it's a "good to better than good" factory trigger. You can guy a better trigger for more money. I'm sure there are some gunsmiths that can make a much better trigger. But for a drop in, cheap trigger, it's not bad.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Not as good as a Brimstone modified stock trigger or a Kidd, Timney, or VQ full replacement trigger. All but the Brimstone cost twice as much. The Brimstone modified stock trigger actually cost less than the BX. Admittedly Ruger should put a better trigger in the rifle anyway, but heck you get what you pay for. See RFC site for more info on triggers and trigger work for the 10/22 and what people think of them. Majority say that the BX is fine if you have not experienced a really good trigger.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Not as good as a Brimstone modified stock trigger or a Kidd, Timney, or VQ full replacement trigger. All but the Brimstone cost twice as much. The Brimstone modified stock trigger actually cost less than the BX. Admittedly Ruger should put a better trigger in the rifle anyway, but heck you get what you pay for. See RFC site for more info on triggers and trigger work for the 10/22 and what people think of them. Majority say that the BX is fine if you have not experienced a really good trigger.

I think that's the key. It's an improvement over the crappy factory trigger, but as far as after-market 10-22 triggers go, it's not in the top 3.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I got one for my carbine. Its better than stock. I think I'll keep it ,but get a job done on the stock pack on my 50th annv. contest winner.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Good question. I have a Ruger 10/22 Target Tactical ...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/10/06/new-ruger-1022-vleh-target-tactical-rifle/

which came standard with an upgraded trigger. It was pre-BX trigger era, but it's possible that it's essentially the same trigger.

For a 10/22 Takedown (which has a trigger that breaks around 7-8 lbs), the BX would be an improvement.

Seems to be $60 at most places (not incl shipping) ...

http://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/736676904624?op=

ETA: looked it up ... the Ruger 10/22 Target models have triggers that break at 4.5 lbs. The BX trigger breaks at 2.75 lbs.

MarylandWillWin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    Good question. I have a Ruger 10/22 Target Tactical ...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/10/06/new-ruger-1022-vleh-target-tactical-rifle/

which came standard with an upgraded trigger. It was pre-BX trigger era, but it's possible that it's essentially the same trigger.

For a 10/22 Takedown (which has a trigger that breaks around 7-8 lbs), the BX would be an improvement.

Seems to be $60 at most places (not incl shipping) ...

http://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/736676904624?op=

ETA: looked it up ... the Ruger 10/22 Target models have triggers that break at 4.5 lbs. The BX trigger breaks at 2.75 lbs.

Thats a very nice looking rifle, the VLEH.

For my edification, where did you look that up? I'm building myself a bookmark library...is there a stock trigger pull library somewhere?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    On my phone now (I leave the Google sleuthing to when on the laptop), Ruger has a downloadable 10/22 manual PDF. In it they mention that the trigger in the Target models (there's one with a wood stock and another called the Target Tactical with a synthetic stock) have lighter triggers. I googled 10/22 target trigger pull weight, and found people had measured to 4.5 lbs and some to slightly less. The BX trigger pull weight is from the specs found in sales material on it.

Devices to measure trigger pull weight are commonly available (as they are derived from handheld analog and digital weighers).

MarylandWillWin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    On my phone now (I leave the Google sleuthing to when on the laptop), Ruger has a downloadable 10/22 manual PDF. In it they mention that the trigger in the Target models (there's one with a wood stock and another called the Target Tactical with a synthetic stock) have lighter triggers. I googled 10/22 target trigger pull weight, and found people had measured to 4.5 lbs and some to slightly less. The BX trigger pull weight is from the specs found in sales material on it.

Devices to measure trigger pull weight are commonly available (as they are derived from handheld analog and digital weighers).

Your google-fu is strong Cap'n. Citation

BruisedDisguisedElk.gif

NBPES4M.gif

I had seen the 2.5 on the BX earlier in the thread, just wasn't sure if there was something like BBTI for trigger pulls on stock guns by some horribly bored gun shop employee with a pull gauge.

Thanks!

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    The fellow in the linked Ruger installation video makes a point of being sure the magazine is removed before starting, cautions no ammo is necessary and instructs to be sure the muzzle is in a safe direction and that good firearm practices are followed. Then he fails to clear the chamber before beginning work!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Your google-fu is strong Cap'n. Citation

BruisedDisguisedElk.gif

NBPES4M.gif

I had seen the 2.5 on the BX earlier in the thread, just wasn't sure if there was something like BBTI for trigger pulls on stock guns by some horribly bored gun shop employee with a pull gauge.

Thanks!

Love the Shatner gifs (especially given both notable characters that he's paired with)! :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom