• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    I just picked up a Winchester marked Model 94 WCF, which I know indicated Winchester Center Fire, Model 1894 later known as the 30 30. Winchester.

I'm not that familiar with the Winchesters, but other than the wood needing a good oiling and the metal a good cleaning the rifle appears to be in very good cosmetic and mechanical shape.

I don't have a book on the Winchesters and was curious about the date of manufacture. From the shape I first assumed a date in the 60's but the Serial number may indicate an earlier date.

The Serial number is 1293219, could anyone help with a possible date? I paid $250 and believe I got a deal?

Thanks,
    Eddie O

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I just picked up a Winchester marked Model 94 WCF, which I know indicated Winchester Center Fire, Model 1894 later known as the 30 30. Winchester.

I'm not that familiar with the Winchesters, but other than the wood needing a good oiling and the metal a good cleaning the rifle appears to be in very good cosmetic and mechanical shape.

I don't have a book on the Winchesters and was curious about the date of manufacture. From the shape I first assumed a date in the 60's but the Serial number may indicate an earlier date.

The Serial number is 1293219, could anyone help with a possible date? I paid $250 and believe I got a deal?

Thanks,
    Eddie O

You did good for $250
    I know that before WW2 Winchester's were marked WCF but after the war retooling they went to e way they are marked today.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You have one of the WWII firearms where Winchester has no records a manufacture dates. The best that can be determined is somewhere between 1043 to 1948. But my money would go on 1943 because your only a few thousands away from the start up number for 1942.

Very nice find!

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    You did good for $250
    I know that before WW2 Winchester's were marked WCF but after the war retooling they went to e way they are marked today.
    Thanks, I see from the previous Post that the Serial Number fell at the beginning of WWII and it was not recorded. This makes the Rifle much earlier than I thought, it also makes it C&R and most likely worth more than I thought.
    Glad I took a chance on it.
    All I need to do now is have the Headspace checked and pick up some Ammo.
    Thanks,
    Eddie O

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Thanks, I see from the previous Post that the Serial Number fell at the beginning of WWII and it was not recorded. This makes the Rifle much earlier than I thought, it also makes it C&R and most likely worth more than I thought.
    Glad I took a chance on it.
    All I need to do now is have the Headspace checked and pick up some Ammo.
    Thanks,
    Eddie O

Nice! Sounds like you got a great deal. Can't wait to see some pics.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    His original post read "Winchester marked Model 94 WCF". Granted the other three WCFs were in the 92, but I wasn't sure if there were others beside the 32-20, 38-40, and 44-40.

Jim not to argue with you but if you look at post #3 where I quoted his post, at the end of the sentence he mentions the 30-30, so he didn't edit it after I quoted it.:thumbsup:

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    I'll Post
    Eddie O

Sorry the Pics are not that great, I was not set up and just shot with a flash.

I always wanted a Winchester and grabbed this when it came up for sale from a neighbor who was disposing of his collection.
    I don't normally collect long guns, I'm a Pistol guy but could not pass this up.

I noted it was a 30 30 based on several write ups that Winchester 30 WCF was later known as the Winchester 30 30.

I have every intent to allow a Smith to go over this Weaapon before I put it to my face, more so now that the knowledgable members identified just how old it is.

Sounds like he gave me a great deal, I'm sure he knew the true value of the Weapon. Right Time, Right Place, certanilly had nothing to do with my knowledge of Winchester.

Eddie O

Attachments

• Winchester 2.jpg
      Winchester 2.jpg
      29.8 KB · Views: 113
    • Winchester 4.jpg
      Winchester 4.jpg
      126.1 KB · Views: 111
    • Winchester 5.jpg
      Winchester 5.jpg
      101.8 KB · Views: 115
    • Winchester 6.jpg
      Winchester 6.jpg
      42 KB · Views: 110

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    OP, beautiful gun. I have a couple of 94s in 30-30 and would have also jumped on this one if in your shoes. Put it in on your shoulder and bring it up to sight on a target - it's so natural and fluid with a 94.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    They were made in .32 Winchester Special. I know, because I have two of them, one from '68 and one from '51. They shoot very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom