• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    Scoped Mini 14

Ocj here is a Series 183 in SS with the Weaver/Mounts in SS , Features a Choate SS folder. This Safe Queen has about 10-15rd count.

Attachments

• 101_0067.jpg
      101_0067.jpg
      64.1 KB · Views: 249
    • 101_0071.jpg
      101_0071.jpg
      97.5 KB · Views: 251
    • 101_0062.jpg
      101_0062.jpg
      79.3 KB · Views: 255

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Does anyone have the Factory rings they want to part with ? prefer Matte but would consider blued gloss if need be/ price is right. Also are the rings the same size front and back? or height difference?

The rings that I used that came with the rifle were interchangeable.

Me likey!!!

Thanks guy. 2-7x is sufficient magnification for this platform (e.g. as a coyote rifle - although I've not used as such) and keeps the whole set up lightweight and maneuverable. Aesthetically the black scope with black barrel don't look bad either.

Lanceman_1

Jul 14, 2011
    This has a cheap 3X9 Bushnell on it but it's accurate so I never swapped it out.

Attachments

• memini14.jpg
      memini14.jpg
      55.5 KB · Views: 232

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I have an older pre-ranch model Mini-14 that wears a B-Square mount with a 1-1/2 - 4.5x Bushnell Scopechief. I've heard stories thsoe mounts aren't that stable, but I shot hundreds if not thousands of rounds through mine with no issues.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Finally got a chance to take and post a pic. LE 5819, factory proprietary half-moon indents, Leupold QD rings and Nikon P-223 - no feet.

Last edited:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    NIce looking guns guys!! I picked up a set of ruger rings for the Ranch rifle i bought from a member of the board. I mounted a Kowa Prominar 6X scope to it, It does not get hit by rounds as i witnessed another shooters gun at the range doing but i was disappointed to see about a 6inch group at 100.
    Is this typical? or should i try another scope combo? i had not tried that scope till the other day, might be a issue with it.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Finally got a chance to take and post a pic. LE 5819, factory proprietary half-moon indents, Leupold QD rings and Nikon P-223 - no feet.

Thats pretty much the same set up as the one i witnessed at th range.. With those large adjuster knobs Do the spent shells wack the crap out of the scope on the way out??

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

I have that rifle also. I have the GG&G mini 14 mount and a tube red dot. Really nice rail option for the mini.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    NIce looking guns guys!! I picked up a set of ruger rings for the Ranch rifle i bought from a member of the board. I mounted a Kowa Prominar 6X scope to it, It does not get hit by rounds as i witnessed another shooters gun at the range doing but i was disappointed to see about a 6inch group at 100.
    Is this typical? or should i try another scope combo? i had not tried that scope till the other day, might be a issue with it.

What ammo are you running? I believe the mini has a 1:9 twist so 63 gr bullets or smaller might be optimal. Last time that I shot mine at 50 yards, I recollect smaller than 2 inch groups with XM193. Was planning to take it out sometime in the next two weeks to test accuracy with different ammo (incl 50gr soft points from Blackhills).

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I haven't had any problems with the scope getting banged. I almost went with the ggg mount and the burris fastfire combo, but I already had the nikon and it was looking for a home. Nice combo.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

I have the tapered barrel and was getting 4" groups with crap ammo and not really trying too hard. I hear the older non tapered barrels are a good bit less accurate?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    What ammo are you running? I believe the mini has a 1:9 twist so 63 gr bullets or smaller might be optimal. Last time that I shot mine at 50 yards, I recollect smaller than 2 inch groups with XM193. Was planning to take it out sometime in the next two weeks to test accuracy with different ammo (incl 50gr soft points from Blackhills).

I was running centurion 55 gr, and then tried some wolff 55 gr for the hell of it. both seemed to be about the same.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I have the tapered barrel and was getting 4" groups with crap ammo and not really trying too hard. I hear the older non tapered barrels are a good bit less accurate?

Yeah this is the tapered barrel, the original post i had bought a 1985 model but two weeks later swapped into a 2013 model.

Here is the set up i threw on there the other day, keep in mind i had the scope sitting in the drawer and i really wanted to see if the scope caps were going to be cleared by the ejecting rounds. I have a leupold in the drawer i might swap it out with , but i didnt want to beat the piss out of the leupold while seeing if the rounds cleared. Both this scope and the leupold have about the same clearance.

Attachments

• mini 3.jpg
      mini 3.jpg
      66 KB · Views: 156
    • mini 2.jpg
      mini 2.jpg
      77.9 KB · Views: 155

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    That's where the GG&G rail works best. Spent casings hit the rail instead of your scope. It also limits how far they travel( only 2 lanes over at the range, instead of 5)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom