• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I've sold a fair number of guns, and have not regretted it. Not every gun makes sense forever, not every purchase was a good decision, and no one has infinite room in their safe(s). The OP is not talking about selling stuff that's hard to replace or even out of production, either.

They do sell more safes. lol

I have yet to sell a gun, and doubt I ever will. Have yet to buy a used gun. Doubt that will ever happen unless I come across something I really want that is no longer manufactured (e.g., machine gun).

OP - I own a Ruger Mini 30 and really like it. Bought it in 2002. Thing is, I have never shot the other gun you have in the mix, so I have no comparison. I do know that Ruger is an American company and that it's customer service has been top notch whenever I have contacted it.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Yes Ruger has been top notch as far as CS goes for me over the years. Embarrassed to say I bought this in 94 during Clinton ban but have never shot it. Pat at Valley Guns talked me into it when they had run out of Mini 14"s. For those in the know it's a 189 series if that would help determine bore diameter. I never knew this was a problem until a few months ago when I heard a couple of guys talking about it in The Gun Shop. Given the age it might be the .308 diameter and I don't know if it shoots the cheap steel cased ammo or not.
    I guess I could have Ruger rebarrel it if it's the .308. It's blue with no flash hider and I think my Butler Creek folder is SS, Have to dig it out. Just want to have a behind the seat gun if needed. I do have a factory folding Mini 14 in the meantime. Sucks needing to sell something for space constraints and could use a couple of bucks. Wish I had room for another safe.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm in the same boat. Can't decide whether to my sell FNAR or my DPMS AR10 with bull barrell. Both are very accurate.
    The FNAR will have far more potential collector's value down the road.

Can never bare to sell any of my firearms. If I out grow my safe, I will just have to upgrade to a larger one. All my firearms have sentimental value. They are all purchased new, so I got to be the first to shoot them. I want to be able to pass them down to my son and daughter.
    I have an unfortunate hard truth for you: sentimental value to you is not the same as sentimental value to your kids. I owned a 10/22 a while back. Sporterized it, shot the hell out of it, and then sold it. You think they're going to be heart-broken that dad's range toy that they never used got sold? I'm thinking not. Same thing with an 870 I sold once upon a time... it's an 870, I shot it a couple times and decided it wasn't for me.

Now, a 10/22 I shot with them... maybe they'll care about that. But it's going to be because it's associated with good memories of us together, not just because I owned it.

Also, I suspect my kids will appreciate my choice of selling as much as I could to stuff my safe with pre-10/1 ALGs more than the alternative... only way they're getting those ALGs in this state is from my cold dead fingers. :D Fill up that safe, and then get back to me about selling stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom