• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Had a buddy of mine with a SBR PS90 and a MakerBot print this out for me. Not the Best quality 3D print or photo but he said it fit great! Hope to have my next round of actual prototypes here next week.

Attachments

• TomRiser01.jpg
      TomRiser01.jpg
      95.3 KB · Views: 853

SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Got in my new shroud and cheek riser prototypes yesterday. Not the best pics but fit and function is awesome. Riser gives perfect eye alignment for my red dot and mag clears nicely when removed. Gonna sand and paint up everything for a clean look.

Attachments

• RevisedBarrelShroud03.jpg
      RevisedBarrelShroud03.jpg
      55.2 KB · Views: 771
    • RevisedBarrelShroud04.jpg
      RevisedBarrelShroud04.jpg
      62.6 KB · Views: 652
    • RevisedBarrelShroud01.jpg
      RevisedBarrelShroud01.jpg
      54.1 KB · Views: 1,548
    • RevisedBarrelShroud02.jpg
      RevisedBarrelShroud02.jpg
      46 KB · Views: 1,483

SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Finally got the parts cleaned up and trying out some paint. Proper photoshoot coming soon!

Attachments

• TanPS9001.jpg
      TanPS9001.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 579
    • TanPS9002.jpg
      TanPS9002.jpg
      87.1 KB · Views: 638
    • TanPS9003.jpg
      TanPS9003.jpg
      92.5 KB · Views: 904

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    For making parts like this look up established plastics factories that have the equipment in place. Moldsmiths 156 Mushroom Blvd Rochester NY, 14623 is a great company to work with as far as injection molding is concerned.

Loranger Manufacturing, Warren, PA. - High temp thermoset and thermoplastic experience of over 60 years

Whirley Industries, Warren, PA - usually works with food grade plastics; however, they have the large cincinatti machines that would be able to hold the heats and pressures for high temp zytel.

SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    For making parts like this look up established plastics factories that have the equipment in place. Moldsmiths 156 Mushroom Blvd Rochester NY, 14623 is a great company to work with as far as injection molding is concerned.

Loranger Manufacturing, Warren, PA. - High temp thermoset and thermoplastic experience of over 60 years

Whirley Industries, Warren, PA - usually works with food grade plastics; however, they have the large cincinatti machines that would be able to hold the heats and pressures for high temp zytel.

The problem is not finding someone to do it. It's finding the 20-50k+ to do it.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    They look very nice !!!! Maybe you could figure out pricing for a group buy to get u started?

SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Here are some updated photos of my freshly painted PS90 1" fixed cheek riser and custom barrel shroud/rail setup. The corrected eye level and the added forward grip really add a lot to this rifle.

Attachments

• PS90Painted01.jpg
      PS90Painted01.jpg
      38.1 KB · Views: 473
    • PS90Painted02.jpg
      PS90Painted02.jpg
      33.8 KB · Views: 566
    • PS90Painted03.jpg
      PS90Painted03.jpg
      26.7 KB · Views: 451
    • PS90Painted04.jpg
      PS90Painted04.jpg
      35.8 KB · Views: 678
    • PS90Painted06.jpg
      PS90Painted06.jpg
      41.6 KB · Views: 553

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I like what you have done . But ultimately it's your discussion I hope you do great with the ideas!! If they go to market I'll buy at least a set.

SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    A first look at my PS90 fixed and adjustable cheek risers side by side. The fixed is 1" tall while the other is infinitely adjustable between .5" and 1".

Attachments

• PS90AdjRiser01.jpg
      PS90AdjRiser01.jpg
      52 KB · Views: 383
    • PS90AdjRiser02.jpg
      PS90AdjRiser02.jpg
      52.3 KB · Views: 384
    • PS90AdjRiser03.jpg
      PS90AdjRiser03.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 458

SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Hey guys, I am doing a group purchase on these prototypes to make some available cheaper. Please spread the word. Only need 5 sales.

Details/prices here: https://www.facebook.com/DanHagaDesigns

or:

It has been suggested that put together a group purchase to help ease the cost of my PS90 prototype parts. I have worked out a deal with my manufacturer that will help me do just that and hopefully let some more of you get your hands on these things. Good news is I only need to get 5 orders each for the shroud and cheek riser to make this happen. Here is what I can offer.

1" Fixed Cheek Riser - $115 (fits all P90 and PS90 models): Greatly improves the problem of the shooters "cheek weld" & eye level being too low when using rail mounted optics.

Quad-Rail Barrel Shroud - $215 (fits ONLY tri-rail PS90): Covers up the awkward long barrel that sticks out of the front of the PS90 while maintaining the look/feel of the factory gun. The shroud adds 4 MAGPUL accessory rails which are solid mounted to the frame of the gun, not the barrel. The shroud also adds a forward grip position that will help improve shooting comfort/accuracy.

These are prototype quality parts like the ones you have seen me post previously. These are made from a white nylon type material using an SLS (3D printing) process. They aren't as strong or as durable as typical plastic parts. There will be no guarantees, refunds, exchanges, etc. The cheek riser is very strong and I doubt one would ever break. The shrouds I could see breaking if the weapon is dropped or slammed into something. So far the only breakage reported is a mounting tab snapping when someone was forcing a shroud onto a non tri-rail PS90 (they will not fit any other version).

I will dye the parts black but I suggest a little hand sanding on the parts followed by paint or a duracote/cerakote finish which is a service I do not provide. Black Magpul rails and all mounting hardware would be included. No modifications needed to the gun for either part.

If you would like to get in on this group purchase I will be collecting funds via PayPal. When I reach 5 sales will place the order with the manufacture at which point it could be another 2 weeks or so for them to make the parts and for me to finish them up.

Message me for questions or to place an order.

Attachments

• dyetest.jpg
      dyetest.jpg
      119.8 KB · Views: 323
    • dyetest2.jpg
      dyetest2.jpg
      71.3 KB · Views: 333
    • dyetest3.jpg
      dyetest3.jpg
      28.2 KB · Views: 340

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts