Advice on Starting a High School Rifle Team?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    We had tried the Charles County 4-H and I will agree that it is a solid program, but I found that the approx. 2 hour round-trip drive to get there and back was putting the kids between a rock and a hard place with regards to getting their homework done.

Hence my idea of trying to start a program at their school, which although it is in Virginia, I'd helping a number of Maryland students get into a program which is proving to be a challenge in southern Prince George's County.

School is in VA?

DC area?

We have the Potomac High School Rifle League. Shoot precision air rifle. Have one school from MD and one from DC in the league as well as 8 from VA.

My team is shooting a match this weekend.

Pm me for more info.

Last edited:

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    What county does he shoot in please I understand that Chopticon HS in St Marys has applied for Grants with the NRA and are trying to form a AF jrotc air rifle program.

Don't know why they need a grant, JROTC will supply them with rifles, pellets, ect.... If they have a school JROTC program.

The JROTC instructors I know say they have too much stuff, but they can't give it away.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    School is in VA?

DC area?

We have the Potomac High School Rifle League. Shoot precision air rifle. Have one school from MD and one from DC in the league as well as 8 from VA.

My team is shooting a match this weekend.

Pm me for more info.
    Yes, we're in the DC area, southern Prince George's County, MD.

Unfortunately, my youngest daughter and I will be heading up to the Peacemaker National Training Center for an Intermediate Rifle class.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Don't know why they need a grant, JROTC will supply them with rifles, pellets, ect.... If they have a school JROTC program.

The JROTC instructors I know say they have too much stuff, but they can't give it away.

What I hear is what my son tells me on the phone. There is a parent that is leading this endeavor, So what I am told is second hand. Weather or not Jrotc is involved I do not know.
    I do know that the kids were told about this from the parent during Jrotc class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom