• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I have a position that will be posted in the next few days for an opening I'll need to fill by mid-June.

I am looking for an entry level IT person, experience is a plus, that can handle day-to-day help desk type requests, basic printer and workstation troubleshooting, new hire account creations, basic software troubleshooting for things like MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, ect. Account setup, maintenance and troubleshooting on VoIP equpment. Minor (minor and rare) local travel to support remote sites (mileage reimbursed).

This is for a non-profit in the DC Metro area. This is an entry level position and pay will be compatible with that.

This is s full time 8:30-5:00 M-F, hourly paid position.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I have a friend who might be interested. He's doing a career change. How entry level is entry level to you :)

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Entry level to me means he'll have to be happy in the 35K-40k range depending on experience. We have good benefits and can pay for training, though.

I'm happy to train anyone who has a desire. They will have to be quick learners and have good attention to detail, though.

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    What sorts of qualifications are you looking for? I'm 35, looking to transition from teaching into IT. I have no professional IT experience, but am currently pursuing an AA in IT; should be N+ by the end of this summer, and CCNA by the end of the next school year. I have been building/tinkering with computers all my life, as well.

I'm willing to learn, and work hard.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    Entry level to me means he'll have to be happy in the 35K-40k range depending on experience. We have good benefits and can pay for training, though.

I'm happy to train anyone who has a desire. They will have to be quick learners and have good attention to detail, though.

Heck I did one of those trade schools for networking a few years back and as long as it is not Linux based networking it should be nothing to get back into the swing of things.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Sorry, guys. I was off of the site a couple days. I just got done replying to PMs. The position is still open. Coffee, sounds like you'd fit just fine. I can actually offer additional certification training as part of the job if your hired so that might be an interest/help to you. Psycosteve, no Linux. Windows based office with Cisco and some Citrix/Term Server thrown in. But the position is mainly desktop support to start and will grow as you want it.

If anyone wants to get me a resume, please PM me and I'll provide my work email to send to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom