• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    This is excellent as how I also interpret the 2A. Maybe our constitutional lawyers need to go back to grammer school.:deal:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I've heard both of the arguments Bill Whittle shatters in this short video.

The argument that "arms" (weapons) referred to in the Constitution only applied to muskets, is the one I hear most often. At the time muskets were the most lethal instrument available, and just like every other right evolved with the times and technology, so does the concept of the people being able to posses modern arms (I say equal to the average infantry soldier) to defend themselves and our nation if necessary.

Besides that obvious counter argument, even if the Constitution did only mean muskets (and it doesn't), in Maryland, you would likely be arrested for carrying even a musket. Now that's ridiculous.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I've heard both of the arguments Bill Whittle shatters in this short video.

The argument that "arms" (weapons) referred to in the Constitution only applied to muskets, is the one I hear most often. At the time muskets were the most lethal instrument available, and just like every other right evolved with the times and technology, so does the concept of the people being able to posses modern arms (I say equal to the average infantry soldier) to defend themselves and our nation if necessary.

Besides that obvious counter argument, even if the Constitution did only mean muskets (and it doesn't), in Maryland, you would likely be arrested for carrying even a musket. Now that's ridiculous.

It also would mean your phones and emails could be tapped with no warrant, since there were no phones and emails in 1791, when the 1A was passed. This obviously doesn't pass the smell test.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Love his example wording a sentence about books and education the same way as the 2nd Amendment.

There's another argument about the militia phrase, though not as commonly heard: Because the government must maintain a militia (or armed force of some kind) for the security of the state, the people's right to bear arms must not be infringed, so the people can counter a corrupt government that attempts to use armed force against them.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    It also would mean your phones and emails could be tapped with no warrant, since there were no phones and emails in 1791, when the 1A was passed. This obviously doesn't pass the smell test.

Maybe that is our problem considering that our phones and emails ARE being tapped without a warrant.

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Excellent! This is how I've understood the 2nd Amendment from the moment I was able to understand words written into cohesive and structured sentences...only an idiot could see it otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom