• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I have settled on the Glock generation 3 (9/40/357 frame) pistols as my guns. So now I am looking for the perfect holster.

But, I can't find it.
    Heres what I'm looking for.
    Trigger coverage. - #1 cause for ND's and AD's in Glocks is something messing with the trigger
    Light compatible. -My pistol needs a light for target ID and acquisition. I carry a seperate light for searching/navigation/administrative stuff.
    Multi-platform compatibility. - The reality of the situation is that I make $11.50 an hour and will for the foreseeable future. So buying one holster to fit a Glock 22/19 (maybe a whole bunch of other Glocks is important so an open front for the light bezel and barrel on a full size gun is acceptable possibly even preferable.
    Heat shield - Gunfights are fast, furious and I plan on shooting the MF-er as many times as necessary. That said the thought of throwing a hot barrel into a holster riding next to my boys is unnerving. I can deal with warmth but let's be reasonable.
    Kydex-it's not for showing off so no ostrich or shark or other BBQ stuff is necessary.
    Convertible- IWB/OWB/AIWB I want to be able to switch between the different styles. For example AIWB is hampered when wearing several winter layers, then the classic OWB and FBI cant are preferred.

Maybe I just suck at Googling. What say you?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I have a Bravo Concealment holster that does OWB and IWB. It does pretty good OWB but IWB leaves a bit to be desired when compared to my Crossbreed Supertuck. In general I like it for what it is but it's a bit expensive. I mainly bought it because it was one of the only holsters available for the gun/light package I had.

It does not fit your heat shield requirement though.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Congrats on the Gee-lock.
    nah-mil?

I rock a Desantis intruder, but it isn't convertible, nor does it have room for a light. It does fit all of those glocks though.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I hear you , BUT

There are plenty of holsters suitable for guns of same frame size and different bbl lengths ... For guns w/o lights or external lasers. For a gun with mounted light , the holster will be specific to specific bbl length , and specific light.

A lot of holster designs aspire to being both IWB and OWB. The best of them will be primarily one or the other , and kinda marginal for other role. A few more will do one , but be nearly useless at other. Most simply suck at both.

FIST Inc , in additionb to dedicated kydex only rigs , offers ever leather design in kydex. Together includes just about any variation you can imagine .

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Mopar...

Roger...copy all.

Www.cooksholsters.com

These guys are 3 mi from my temp quarters. They're small but they do GREAT work.

I now have several of theirs. The basic is $54 per. So if you don't need Highlander Kryptek colored, you could actually afford an IWB AND OWB.

Honestly, I read your requirements set and while all are good, you're gonna have to make a concession or two. Among them, I'd suggest you consider giving up on the "one holster for everything" want. Next, I suggest you might want to contemplate occasionally carrying sans light. While not normally an issue for OC, light or light laser combo often make concealment a beeeeeeatch.

Good luck mi amigo.

BanjoPicker

Aug 29, 2014
    Harford
    I have a Bravo Concealment holster that does OWB and IWB. It does pretty good OWB but IWB leaves a bit to be desired when compared to my Crossbreed Supertuck. In general I like it for what it is but it's a bit expensive. I mainly bought it because it was one of the only holsters available for the gun/light package I had.

It does not fit your heat shield requirement though.

Actually I carry my sig 1911 tacops w/ TLR-1HL in a bravo concealment IWB in the summer and OWB in the winter. Get one custom made (not the quick ship). I ordered mine with .08 thickness kydex and a full size sweat guard. Ive run that gun :mad54:HOT:mad54: and never had a problem with heat transfer to my body yet! Their customer service is excellent as well! I am going to run a few more drills this month and post a review on its features!

As of now I recommend the patriot line from Bravo Concealment!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom