• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Just fvcking around with ya. ;)

Haven't even gotten a barrel/caliber decided on for the build that my KMR is going on yet.

I know...

I went with a Rainier MEDCON. I knew I wanted something MOA accurate but I didn't want it to weight a ton either. I figure I'd use the KMR to offset some of the SS barrel weight.

I started this project as a RECCE build. Now I'm just trying to figure out whether out not I want to put a 1x6 or a 2.5x10 on top. If I ran the 2.5x10 then I'd probably get some offset irons or something.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    LOVE this color, what is it? I have a few lowers left and wondering what to do with them......

Burnt Bronze. I originally had this lower done in FDE but I saw no practical use for it in our region. Burnt Bronze blends in much more nicely with my surroundings all through out the year. It also does some cool things when the light hits it. It gets darker and lighter depending on how the sun is beating off of it. Its also great in the dark. FDE was to bright in the dark for my liking.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    BCM's new direct attach VFG's are now shipping out to distributors. They will be available in standard length and short length. Expect sales to start within the next week or so.

They have also said what Keymod accessories will be coming to Keymod either by summer or the beginning of summer. They consist of a bipod mount, hand stop, a few sling attachment points, a few new light mounts and offset irons. Personally I can't wait to see what they did with these offset irons. You will be able to mount the front sight to any Keymod rail that has the keyholes at 45 degrees. I think this is a great idea. The only thing I don't like is that KAC is making them so you know they aren't going to be cheap.

Here is a picture of the BCM VFG Keymod. No tools required.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Nice. Although I'm toying with another build on paper that uses a lot of KAC stuff...crap.

Not a huge deal cause I still gotta get brad some moneys first. ;)

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    I received my BCM 14.5" KMR upper a few nights ago. This thing is LIGHT. Cant wait to put some rounds through it. I have high hopes for this thing.

-Z

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    Why do you need both? Laptops are just as good as desktops these days. When my desktop took a shit 5 yrs ago I got my first laptop and couldn't be happier.

derwingnut

Dec 16, 2011
    Essex
    Overpriced (like all BCM stuff) imo. I'm looking at the MI keymod handguard for one of my rifles tho.

Wouldn't say it's overpriced. But if you are considering the MI keymod I can say I'm happy with mine on my recent 300 build. Only chose over the BCM for personal aesthetic reasons.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Held one of these at Engage the other day and it's so light it feels like a toy.

You're right. It really does feel like a toy. Its just so damn light.

Somebody over on M4Carbine.net was worried that it was so light it might not be as durable as something with more weight to it. In response, somebody posted a video of a guy hanging the KMR over a metal pipe hanging from the ceiling and then proceded to do pull-ups while hanging on the KMR. After 10 pull-ups, no damage was done to the KMR.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom