• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    first I have heard of it and I think you have convinced me to get one.
    I will probably get the 300 yd low priced model.
    Let us know if you get it also

I just bought a Colt/Walther FDE 1911 22lr from Chuck at Tyler Firearms (great buying experience by the way), so I will be delaying the purchase of the Bullseye Camera Systems for a bit. If you purchase one please let me know what you think of it. Thanks

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    I just bought a Colt/Walther FDE 1911 22lr from Chuck at Tyler Firearms (great buying experience by the way), so I will be delaying the purchase of the Bullseye Camera Systems for a bit. If you purchase one please let me know what you think of it. Thanks

I will let you know, but I won't be purchasing for a couple of weeks though.
    Must convince wife:o

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I saw these at the Harrisburg Outdoor show. If you place them away from your target and angle them so as not to accidentally hit it then the picture looks skewed.
    The camera does not correct for the "keystoning" effect".

If the camera is some distance from the target there is no zoom feature on the camera - the picture just gets smaller and smaller.

I almost bought one due to the discount they were offering at the show but I hesitated and didn't buy for the reasons I mentioned above.

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    I saw these at the Harrisburg Outdoor show. If you place them away from your target and angle them so as not to accidentally hit it then the picture looks skewed.

If the camera is some distance from the target there is no zoom feature on the camera - the picture just gets smaller and smaller.

I almost bought one due to the discount they were offering at the show but I hesitated and didn't buy for the reasons I mentioned above.

thanks for the info, I will investigate further and call them Monday
    Picture does not look skewed on video's
    http://www.bullseyecamera.com/videos.html
    How long ago did you see it and what price did the offer
    Dan

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    You could make your own for fairly cheap. Looks like it is just an IP camera..

This. And when building it, the actual lense can be placed away from the transmitting box - a cheap webcam very near the target with a wire running back to the wireless transmitter. If the webcam gets hit, its super cheap to replace.

Alternatively, a more expensive lense that can be zoomed, pan, tilt and placed at a safer distance.

canonian

Jan 5, 2013
    Elkridge
    Just get a Celestron C90 Spotting scope, $170, a 8-24 zoom eyepiece for another $55 and a tripod $50ish and you will be good for hundreds of yards. Now the c90 has a 1250mm focal length so you take the focal length divided by the eyepiece to get magnification. So at the 8mm setting you get 156x of bright clear viewing unlike a small 40 or 50mm diameter spotting scope. On the lower end 24mm you are at 52x. You will be able to see bullet holes at great distances and much clearer than a spotting scope. The only reason the C90 is called a spotting scope is because Celestron took their telescope and put a diagonal in to make the image upright unlike astronomy gear where it is upside down.

Not sure your goal with the video system but you can sit back with the C90 and see what you need easily. No batteries, no wireless crap to fail etc..

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    Just get a Celestron C90 Spotting scope, $170, a 8-24 zoom eyepiece for another $55 and a tripod $50ish and you will be good for hundreds of yards. Now the c90 has a 1250mm focal length so you take the focal length divided by the eyepiece to get magnification. So at the 8mm setting you get 156x of bright clear viewing unlike a small 40 or 50mm diameter spotting scope. On the lower end 24mm you are at 52x. You will be able to see bullet holes at great distances and much clearer than a spotting scope. The only reason the C90 is called a spotting scope is because Celestron took their telescope and put a diagonal in to make the image upright unlike astronomy gear where it is upside down.

Not sure your goal with the video system but you can sit back with the C90 and see what you need easily. No batteries, no wireless crap to fail etc..
    thanks,
    the idea of always seeing "last shot' seemed intriguing. Once the target gets many hits, seems hard to always tell which is which. I will look at the c90 though

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    thanks,
    the idea of always seeing "last shot' seemed intriguing. Once the target gets many hits, seems hard to always tell which is which. I will look at the c90 though

I think the advantage is in the software you not only see the last shot flash. You can log the shooter, each gun, each cartridge in that gun, distance, scope settings and you have a still picture of the target after each shot. All nice for later review. I know you can put all of this in a book. I just think it is a lot nicer and neater with drop down menus on a computer.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Is there any range that would let you set up that thing down range? I doubt AGC will.

Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    No reason not to, why would you think they would have an issue.
    But I will check as that is where i plan to use it

I don't believe AGC will allow any metal down range. This is what I've found concerning targets. I can't find anything about what you're wanting to do, but targets and frames must not deflect round in an unsafe direction (RICOCHET).

Quoted from the AGC webpage
    *** TARGETS ***

Range specific target and frame dimensional data is depicted at the end of this document.
    On the 50, 100 and 200 yard ranges, Other types of targets may be used provided that the round easily passes through them and strikes the impact berm. Examples: Tennis balls, ping pong balls, golf balls, plastic bottles, charcoal briquettes, chalk, etc.
    It is the shooters responsibility, that regardless of;

a. The target frame origin (AGC or shooter furnished), or
    b. The shooters firing position (Standing, Kneeling, Sitting, Creedmoor, Prone), or
    c. The shooters height;

The shooter must ensure proper target height such that fired rounds do not “earth” anywhere between the firing line and the Impact Berm.

The Impact Berm is the exposed earthen berm just beyond the maximum target distance of the Range being utilized.

Pictures, caricatures or illustrations depicting real people may not be used as targets.
    Targets and Target Frames must not be capable of deflecting a projectile in an unsafe direction.
    Targets containing explosives or glass are not permitted.
    Targets may not be placed on the Impact Berm. Please keep off the Impact Berm.
    You are responsible for your target line clean up.

I hope this helps. I wouldn't want to see you spend that kinda money and not be able to use it.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

Feb 16, 2015

The software does have a zoom feature so if the camera is placed 8-10ft from the target you can see the surrounding backer in case of a flyer and you can zoom right in to see the target only or subsection of the target. That's all controlled directly from the software.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The software does have a zoom feature so if the camera is placed 8-10ft from the target you can see the surrounding backer in case of a flyer and you can zoom right in to see the target only or subsection of the target. That's all controlled directly from the software.

Welcome to the forum :brows:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom