• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordfan

Oct 24, 2010
    AA county
    I've already posted this in the NFA thread, but here are my 2. SBR & SBS.

DSC_0009_zps057b8930.jpg

Details on that SBS please. Looking to do something similar.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Details on that SBS please. Looking to do something similar.

Started life as a regular Remington 870 w/ 18" barrel.
    Added the following:

-Scattergun Tech/Wilson Combat Ghost ring sights w/ trijicon tritium inserts
    -Police Trade in 14" ported barrel (purchased from Engage Armament)
    -Nordic Components 1 shot extension
    -Nordic Components Low Drag Teflon Coated Shotgun Magazine Follower
    -Nordic Components Spring (had to trim to fit)
    -35 year old Wood furniture from a Remington Police (sanded and refinished myself) Also cut the stock down an inch for a total of 13" LOP
    -Kickeez recoil pad (also hand fitted)

This was by far my favorite project. It was a lot of fun but not as fun as shooting it. Good luck with yours and let me know if you have any questions.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Clandestine is bad influence.

i want one similar to that.

Im spent a couple of hours online last night, shopping for parts.

YHM 9mm pistol kit with a super short barrel looks practical.

The gun is 17.75" collapsed without a muzzle device. With the muzzle device its 19.00"

There are some things I will share about my build and reasons behind what you see.

#1 YHM uses a 5.5" Barrel, the one you see on my gun is 4.5". I did this because some 124 Grain and 115 Grain factory ammo is subsonic out of a 4.5" Barrel.

#2 The YHM Pistol Upper uses a YHM Pistol Rail which is about 2" longer than mine. My Rail is a Specrte Length YHM Lightweight Rail that's chopped. You cant chop the Pistol length YHM Rail due to where the holes are drilled. So if you want a shorter rail like mine you cant use the one that comes with the YHM Pistol Upper.

#3 YHM does not use a dedicated 9mm Upper. They have a standard Shell Deflector, not the 9mmm Deflector. The 9mm Deflector and short dust cover can be installed on the YHM but its not equipped with one. The deflector keeps gas and fouling/lube out of your face, and works as a shell deflector.

FWIW, my gun also uses a LWRC UCIW stock which is much shorter than a standard M4 stock. When this is used you have to use a longer and heavier buffer than what comes with the stock. Heavy Buffers makes a buffer specifically for this stock when used with a 9mm Upper. Using the wrong Buffer on a 9mm can cause extraction issues, broken bolt catches, and a broken lower.

Here is the full specs on the build for anyone interested:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=155561

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    The gun is 17.75" collapsed without a muzzle device. With the muzzle device its 19.00"

There are some things I will share about my build and reasons behind what you see.

#1 YHM uses a 5.5" Barrel, the one you see on my gun is 4.5". I did this because some 124 Grain and 115 Grain factory ammo is subsonic out of a 4.5" Barrel.

#2 The YHM Pistol Upper uses a YHM Pistol Rail which is about 2" longer than mine. My Rail is a Specrte Length YHM Lightweight Rail that's chopped. You cant chop the Pistol length YHM Rail due to where the holes are drilled. So if you want a shorter rail like mine you cant use the one that comes with the YHM Pistol Upper.

#3 YHM does not use a dedicated 9mm Upper. They have a standard Shell Deflector, not the 9mmm Deflector. The 9mm Deflector and short dust cover can be installed on the YHM but its not equipped with one. The deflector keeps gas and fouling/lube out of your face, and works as a shell deflector.

FWIW, my gun also uses a LWRC UCIW stock which is much shorter than a standard M4 stock. When this is used you have to use a longer and heavier buffer than what comes with the stock. Heavy Buffers makes a buffer specifically for this stock when used with a 9mm Upper. Using the wrong Buffer on a 9mm can cause extraction issues, broken bolt catches, and a broken lower.

Here is the full specs on the build for anyone interested:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=155561

Just thought I'd post some pics to help you show the differences between yours and a factory YHM 9mm SBR. This is mine. The only thing I disagree with is in regards to the gas to the face. I have a factory 5.5" upper and a second 5.5" suppressed upper. Neither sends gas to the face. I think it depends on the suppressor and buffer weight/buffer spring combo more than the upper having a 9mm deflector or not. In my case I use an Octane9. I've also never had any ejection issues. All spent cases are sent flying out with authority towards the 3 O'clock position.

IMAG0295.jpg

e8e2efd5-bd8c-4e8d-83bc-1c990e3dc426.jpg

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Now i really need a 9mm AR SBR.
    :thumbsup: I think you shot mine at the old MSAR with Neil a while back. It was the same time you shot this 22lr suppressed upper and I got to shoot your Mac.
    IMAG0282.jpg

And just an fyi, CMMG 9mm bolts and YHM 5.5" 9mm barrels are in stock at 2A sales!

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Here is my new 300blk build with help from Gun Connection. Noveske barrel, Troy rail, Aeroprecision lower, Spikes enhanced lower kit, Sig tac brace. I poured some money into this one!

Attachments

• 20141008_140444.jpg
      20141008_140444.jpg
      84 KB · Views: 348

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    My old school K23 stubby. Still my favorite SBR. It was my main HD gun until the Bullpups took over. Cleaned and oiled for winter storage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      66.9 KB · Views: 335

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads