• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    No problems with my PST. 1000+ hand loads for long range shooting through my 308 Colt LE901. But it could be luck of the draw. Keeps Zero and it even dropped on the scope falling off a shooting bench
    I like my AAC muzzle brake. Works well and is ready for a suppressor

Should be ok with that clearance. I just hope your PST holds up. Mine had parts fall off from 5.56 recoil. I was not impressed. Overall I like the scope but Vortex has their yellow tinged glass that makes me angry. Dont even bother with that shim based zero stop. Otherwise it worked well for me. Nice rifle, I plan to do a 700 one day myself. My only modern bolt gun is my Tikka which is for elk and no fun to shoot a lot of rounds through. I feel a box of 3006 in a 6.2 pound rifle!

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I've run mine with the mag ring right over top of my "cheap" EGW base. Clearance was very close, the ring was down in the groove. No problem at all. I had to move the scope back a little when I got the MGM Switchview throw lever cause it wouldn't fit the way it was. Lol.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Scope mount set up looks fine to me. The badger base is steel and there should be no problems with the front ring where it is. I prefer to have a wider base of support and set the rings up with similar spacing. In my opinion, it provides more support for the scope in case it is accidentally bumped during handling of the rifle., which is far more likely than the base being bent. Shoot it, enjoy it.

Caudizle

Jun 6, 2011
    Calvert County
    Too late :) I moved it back one notch, just enough to be directly over one screw and contact with the receiver. The gap between either side of the tube and rings isn't symmetric, but I can't move it back any further for the eye relief...

ZFv8eDR.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Only 1 thing to do now, go grab some quality ammo and hit the range. Find out if you have a shooter or a safe queen.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I haven't even shot it yet, ha, but I'm hoping it'll shoot nice (I've heard stock 700's can vary in accuracy) I'm hoping mine will be one of the good ones.

My 700 in a JAE chassis with factory barrel shoots 1/2 MOA easy on Federal match ammo. Holes overlapping. I expect handloads to do even better.

So you should have no worries on accuracy.

Matt

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    No problems (other than an initial quality issue that was fixed IMMEDIATELY by Vortex) with my Viper PST 6-24x.

Shot maybe 300 rounds without a break. And another couple hundred with the suppressor.

And glass is not yellow, at least in the 6-24x.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you are worried about the clearance at the back, just grind an angle on the back of the mount. It will not hurt anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tse3gbs

Latest threads

Top Bottom