• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Two things....

1. I joined TMGN some time ago, 1 year membership for me and my wife, and have started looking around for my stuff pertaining to membership. I can't find any. Should 1 year members have received some sort of card, or do they just have a list of members?

2. Speaking of things opening in Frederick, there's a Texas Roadhouse across the street from Westview Shopping Center that should be opening soon. It looks like a huge place. Anybody been to one? Any good?

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Two things....

2. Speaking of things opening in Frederick, there's a Texas Roadhouse across the street from Westview Shopping Center that should be opening soon. It looks like a huge place. Anybody been to one? Any good?

I've eaten at the Texas Roadhouse in College Station, TX a mile or so from where my son goes to school at Texas A&M, and I've enjoyed every meal I've had there. I think it's going to do really well here, and even though it's yet another chain, it'll provide some diversity and a good stick-to-your-ribs meal.

jonb219

Oct 17, 2013
    Falling Waters, WV
    Two things....

1. I joined TMGN some time ago, 1 year membership for me and my wife, and have started looking around for my stuff pertaining to membership. I can't find any. Should 1 year members have received some sort of card, or do they just have a list of members?

Back in November I received an email from TMGN with a Gift Certificate for my paid "1 yr Family Membership". I'm sure they'll have a record of paid members too.

Really looking forward to the opening.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Just drove by there today

...and it looks like work is in full swing now. There were a couple vehicles, construction material stacked outside, all 5 side garage doors were open and people inside. Shouldn't be long now.

...and thanks for answers to my questions

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I would love it but the AGC range is only 10 mins from my house. I need to join up. I wish they had a direct join at agc. Honestly I hesitate to join gun clubs. They tend to be a little "clicky" No disrespect, just hard to find a warm welcome. My job also has me working overtime anyday without prior notice and I could finish anywhere between NoVa and hagerstown. It is impossible for me to commit to much of anything. During the spring time I am working nearly 80 hours per week and the last thing I need is another commitment outside of my work and family. I don't mind paying dues, I just can't always guarantee my participation so it has kept me from joining.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I would love it but the AGC range is only 10 mins from my house. I need to join up. I wish they had a direct join at agc. Honestly I hesitate to join gun clubs. They tend to be a little "clicky" No disrespect, just hard to find a warm welcome. My job also has me working overtime anyday without prior notice and I could finish anywhere between NoVa and hagerstown. It is impossible for me to commit to much of anything. During the spring time I am working nearly 80 hours per week and the last thing I need is another commitment outside of my work and family. I don't mind paying dues, I just can't always guarantee my participation so it has kept me from joining.

If you shoot more than once a month and the range at which you shoot is $20/hour or more, then it's going to be worth it.

No matter how I slice it, it's worth it for me...closer than MSAR and offering everything MSAR has to offer (hopefully less sweeping, muzzling, and thugs). I'm just wary of joining a new enterprise that has not yet established itself.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'm surprised more Frederick area peeps don't join 340 defense. It has to be about a 30 minute drive (except harpers ferry weekend tourism) as long as you are reasonably close to 340.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'm surprised more Frederick area peeps don't join 340 defense. It has to be about a 30 minute drive (except harpers ferry weekend tourism) as long as you are reasonably close to 340.

Last time I was there they charged $20/hour or so? You can shoot all day at peacemaker for $20.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah, on their website it's 35 one time fee plus 20 an hour BUT... There is a 300 dollar membership.

I've never been there, but I drive by often. The facility is pretty basic, but it appears to offer a lot of things gun ranges usually don't offer. Like drawing from holster, no lanes, "shoot and move" and other forms of freedoms that look pretty common there.

If I lived in Frederick, and/or didn't shoot on private property I would definitely be a member at 340 Defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom