• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Saw this in the Cecil Daily today...

"Patrick Connor, president and CEO of the Integrity Supply — a commercial, industrial, government and military wholesale distributor in Elkton — came to show support for Alt’s plan and spoke of his plans to put in a shooting range at a property at 801 Elkton Blvd., of which Alt is a minority owner. He’s been looking to acquire the building for a few years and has just been approved by the Small Business Administration for funding."

This would be very good in my opinion.

Let's see if it actually happens.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Not a huge fan of that particular location. There's an large rec facility and physical therapist in there, along with some space used by the County.

Just thinking there are better (not so busy) locations that would be better suited.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I'm a member at a private club in conowingo, so I don't have to deal with elk neck. but an indoor range in elkton would be awesome!

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    What???? That is literally right across the road from where i work!!! woop!!!!!!
    So you work at "Chris' Foreign & Domestic Auto Repair"? j/k I have always wondered what's up with that place.

Not a huge fan of that particular location. There's an large rec facility and physical therapist in there, along with some space used by the County.

Just thinking there are better (not so busy) locations that would be better suited.
    I agree there are other/better location options... It just seems like a good thing that their contemplating a shooting range in Elkton PERIOD.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So you work at "Chris' Foreign & Domestic Auto Repair"? j/k I have always wondered what's up with that place.

I agree there are other/better location options... It just seems like a good thing that their contemplating a shooting range in Elkton PERIOD.

Pretty sure he was talking Terumo. ;)

Agreed about it being good no matter what. :thumbsup:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Thought it was up by 279 and 95 ? Or did I not have enough coffee?

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md

Diesel is right. I work for Terumo.

40mmGuy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 29, 2015
    Fantasy..never gonna happen.

I mean its great to dream and this is always a positive thing to hear that somebody has the stones to open a gun range - but seriously think about this.

Just the infrastructure to develop the property would be immense and with two ranges within 45mins of him....why? (Horst & McCann, Shooters Choice) If he got the property for free it wouldn't even help him....it would take metric tons of cash to make a viable indoor gun range that would retain customers and stay solvent for the long run.

Think I am full of it....lets looks at costs.

- Bullet Trap; A quality approved firing range system is a massive investment. You don't find these on "craigslist or EBay"..its contacting a vendor and having them install it and maintain it.
    - Maintenance; Air handlers...backstops....HAZMAT cleanout....all of this is BIG money. Heck, most of the ranges simply farm this work out as the days of a "snow shovel, dust mask and 5gal bucket to clean the backstops" are long gone.
    - Insurance; that annual premium is due every year whether your selling crazy inventory or giving free range time to every municipal entity in the area....you need CASH to keep the doors open.
    - Sales; what exactly will this range sell or service to generate income? If they require you to purchase your ammo there - people wont shoot as much. If they let you bring your own ammo - people will buy out Walmart and tear the place up shooting anything that goes BANG. So lets pretend they got an FFL and managed to develop a retail store...so what will they sell? They would have Cabelas, XRing, Millers(for what its worth..lol, Shooters Choice, Smyrna Sporting, Dude in Conowingo, Guy above Oxford among the dozens of others. Take a look at Targetmaster up on Rt202...those guys have clung to the business and how often do people from our area drive there to buy regular stuff?

It is a major bummer to have to look at this subject in this light but its the truth. I sold my business plan for an indoor range mirroring the Scottsdale Gunclub (for what its worth) to investors in S. Florida....it went through 2 owners/bankruptcies before they ever broke ground and even today its a shell of the original design.

This guy stands a better chance of success opening a methadone clinic.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Fantasy..never gonna happen.

I mean its great to dream and this is always a positive thing to hear that somebody has the stones to open a gun range - but seriously think about this.

Just the infrastructure to develop the property would be immense and with two ranges within 45mins of him....why? (Horst & McCann, Shooters Choice) If he got the property for free it wouldn't even help him....it would take metric tons of cash to make a viable indoor gun range that would retain customers and stay solvent for the long run.

Think I am full of it....lets looks at costs.

- Bullet Trap; A quality approved firing range system is a massive investment. You don't find these on "craigslist or EBay"..its contacting a vendor and having them install it and maintain it.
    - Maintenance; Air handlers...backstops....HAZMAT cleanout....all of this is BIG money. Heck, most of the ranges simply farm this work out as the days of a "snow shovel, dust mask and 5gal bucket to clean the backstops" are long gone.
    - Insurance; that annual premium is due every year whether your selling crazy inventory or giving free range time to every municipal entity in the area....you need CASH to keep the doors open.
    - Sales; what exactly will this range sell or service to generate income? If they require you to purchase your ammo there - people wont shoot as much. If they let you bring your own ammo - people will buy out Walmart and tear the place up shooting anything that goes BANG. So lets pretend they got an FFL and managed to develop a retail store...so what will they sell? They would have Cabelas, XRing, Millers(for what its worth..lol, Shooters Choice, Smyrna Sporting, Dude in Conowingo, Guy above Oxford among the dozens of others. Take a look at Targetmaster up on Rt202...those guys have clung to the business and how often do people from our area drive there to buy regular stuff?

It is a major bummer to have to look at this subject in this light but its the truth. I sold my business plan for an indoor range mirroring the Scottsdale Gunclub (for what its worth) to investors in S. Florida....it went through 2 owners/bankruptcies before they ever broke ground and even today its a shell of the original design.

This guy stands a better chance of success opening a methadone clinic.

That's a hell of a 1st post...
    Welcome to the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom