• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Info on this months WAW meeting:

Sunday, April 13
    2-4 p.m.
    Free State Gun Range (http://www.freestategunrange.com/ for info on range)

Agenda:

2-3 Guest Speaker: Wes Adams, Chief, Homicide Division, Prince George's County State's Attorney Office
    3-4 Range Time

Cost (range fees): $16

Feel free to PM me or email the organizer (degrawtl@msn.com) if you need more info.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    If anyone coming has a FiveseveN pistol, please let me know before tomorrow if you can bring it. I'd like to try it out, and will bring my own ammo.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Info on this months WAW meeting:

Sunday, April 13
    2-4 p.m.
    Free State Gun Range (http://www.freestategunrange.com/ for info on range)

Agenda:

2-3 Guest Speaker: Wes Adams, Chief, Homicide Division, Prince George's County State's Attorney Office
    3-4 Range Time

Cost (range fees): $16

Feel free to PM me or email the organizer (degrawtl@msn.com) if you need more info.

Are you able to shed any light on what Wes Adams will be talking about?

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Well I f I do this again I need to be on time. ShallnotInfringe was late due to traffic and thus was late to the event, and neither of us knew the protocols or too much of anything regarding various things. The public indoor range REALLY made me appreciate that I have private land and the money to get a proper backstop made. I think if the range had been closed for an hour for ONLY TWAW, things would have been better, we could have called for a cold range so we could talk if/when needed, and all lanes would be open to our group as well to keep from crowding us into one corner and 3 lanes. The lack of communication made me start having a meltdown when shallnotinfringe left and didn't come back right away. I was very clingy to her since I knew no one else there, and due to being late had not been intro'd to anyone other than the organizer ( for a few seconds...). I didn't want to leave the range to look for her as I DO NOT let my guns out of my sight. The only really enjoyable thing was the cute range officer who complimented me and shallnotinfirnge on our shooting. I'm amazed I shot as well as I did with my tension...first mag I sucked, but I warmed up and got better. However I had trouble seeing the sights due to the overhead light.

To the organizer, sorry I asked annoying questions LOL, but seriously you have to be in the process of being raped before you can use deadly force in your own home? I ask direct blunt questions and "say things" when I have much knowledge of the subject. I've been obsessed with guns and gun politics since shortly before my sign-up date here at MDS. I have concealed and open carried in PA, open carried on my own property, and plan to meet up with DELOC some time to open carry in DE. I have a FL ccw lisc. I have tested hollowpoints on deer necks and jugs of water. I have shot/killed 2 deer with a slug gun. I have shot/killed numerous raccoons, foxes, and possums after catching them in traps. I even named my trapline gun ( a S&W 617) "Coon Hammer". LOL, I have open carried it too while trapping, walking to check sets.

I would love to mentor, but a crowded range is not my place for that. I did at least bring up use of hollowpoints for home defense ( and personal defense in general) to shallnotinfringe. I recommended the Gold Dot to her which they had in stock at Freestate, so she bought 2 boxes. I have tested Gold Dots on deer necks and water jugs and liked what I saw. If not for my aspergers, I would be GREAT as a TWAW leader, but alas I am shy and cannot handle crowds for very long, plus am unable to drive myself anywhere very far or with too much rude traffic. ( I cannot focus on more than a certain # of things at a time for driving, hence rural roads and small towns are my limit- and get tired easily from it, plus suffer anxiety issues- and I must be very familiar with the route and roads, plus be in low crime areas) But pick my brains if you wish. I am an unofficial expert on these gun topics. I also was possibly born with very good situational awareness. I do notice little things no one else does, as well as the bigger pictures. I recall excellent awareness since about age 5, and refined the hell out of it at 18-21. I had to save my ass and my then 5-6 year old cousin's one day in Chicago when I was 19.You think the teen thugs in Baltimore are ugly looking and nasty...

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Agree with fox trapper on the lane situation. Doesn't make sense for us to pay full range fees and have to share only 3 lanes for over 15 women. Made the entire range overcrowded, with the other lanes being used also. This definitely needs attention. Too much going on.

On the plus side, great meeting some fellow women shooters, loved the necklace one lady had on!

And it was great meeting you foxtrapper! Musta been something going on at the ballpark and then on the other side of the tunnel, they were giving tickets out in the narrow section. Took 2+ hours each way when GPS had said 1:15 :(

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    To the organizer, sorry I asked annoying questions LOL, but seriously you have to be in the process of being raped before you can use deadly force in your own home? I ask direct blunt questions and "say things" when I have much knowledge of the subject.

Although I was not in the meeting portion of the event, I am sure you misunderstood her. If Terry said that, it was definitely in regard to carry outside the home where the three general rules of using deadly force are, someone is trying to kill you, someone is trying to rape you, or someone is trying to kidnap you.

I tried to introduce myself before you left, but you seemed upset that I approached you when you and SNI were looking at the ammo cabinet.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Agree with fox trapper on the lane situation. Doesn't make sense for us to pay full range fees and have to share only 3 lanes for over 15 women. Made the entire range overcrowded, with the other lanes being used also. This definitely needs attention. Too much going on.

On the plus side, great meeting some fellow women shooters, loved the necklace one lady had on!

And it was great meeting you foxtrapper! Musta been something going on at the ballpark and then on the other side of the tunnel, they were giving tickets out in the narrow section. Took 2+ hours each way when GPS had said 1:15 :(

This has been a learning process for all involved and the chapter is growing faster than expected. Freestate has been amazing with their help and support. Several other ranges turned TWAW chapter away, while Freestate has welcomed them with open arms.

Terry had a meeting with them last night and they have agreed to lower the range fees to $10 per person for the event. They usually reserve 3 lanes, but have opened a 4th when they felt it was necessary. I was in the range during the shooting period and there were two times when no one was using the 3rd range. I had to point out that it was available to anyone who wanted to shoot.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    This has been a learning process for all involved and the chapter is growing faster than expected. Freestate has been amazing with their help and support. Several other ranges turned TWAW chapter away, while Freestate has welcomed them with open arms.

Terry had a meeting with them last night and they have agreed to lower the range fees to $10 per person for the event. They usually reserve 3 lanes, but have opened a 4th when they felt it was necessary. I was in the range during the shooting period and there were two times when no one was using the 3rd range. I had to point out that it was available to anyone who wanted to shoot.

Thanks for the feedback and working with FreeState to address growth. That's a good problem to have!

Hopefully, one day (soon) TWAW will occupy the entire range with its membership. :)

Was great to meet you Sunday also, btw.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Although I was not in the meeting portion of the event, I am sure you misunderstood her. If Terry said that, it was definitely in regard to carry outside the home where the three general rules of using deadly force are, someone is trying to kill you, someone is trying to rape you, or someone is trying to kidnap you.

I tried to introduce myself before you left, but you seemed upset that I approached you when you and SNI were looking at the ammo cabinet.

I was pretty sure it was inside the home, but maybe when I said something about me carrying in PA, they switched? However that is PA, not MD, and PA passed a stand your ground a few years ago. I never mentioned having a hens teeth G&S is self defense MD ccw. If only she would reply on here to clarify...

By the time I was at the ammo stand I was pretty overwhelmed, and I do not clue in on some facial signals.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace

The problem with the range still being open to the public is that our group was totally crowded into that area with no organization whatsoever and no way to hear each other to boot. Nobody called for a cold range, but that doesn't mean it wasn't needed. Now if the group was all deaf women who use ASL, it wouldn't be a problem LOL. It WAS a problem for me. Shallnotinfringe disappeared on me right after she was starting to set up in a lane and I was ready to come over to share. I had no idea what was going on, as suddenly she simply wasn't there anymore. I was totally messed up on the finer range rules since they seemed to be unwritten, and I didn't want to leave my gun unattended in there either. I need to know EVERYTHING beforehand, every nuance, every itty bitty rule, and would even be nice to have pictures with names of important-to-know people ahead of time so I can study them and their names. Trying to figure it out amid noise, limited time, and confusion in the moment? I can't do it.

Now I could write a whole book on this and be the Temple Grandin of gun issues, but I won't go there...

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I was pretty sure it was inside the home, but maybe when I said something about me carrying in PA, they switched? However that is PA, not MD, and PA passed a stand your ground a few years ago. I never mentioned having a hens teeth G&S is self defense MD ccw. If only she would reply on here to clarify...

By the time I was at the ammo stand I was pretty overwhelmed, and I do not clue in on some facial signals.

Perhaps it was something the guest speaker said and you mistakenly attributed it to Terry. Trust me, I know her views and they need no clarification.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    The problem with the range still being open to the public is that our group was totally crowded into that area with no organization whatsoever and no way to hear each other to boot. Nobody called for a cold range, but that doesn't mean it wasn't needed. Now if the group was all deaf women who use ASL, it wouldn't be a problem LOL. It WAS a problem for me. Shallnotinfringe disappeared on me right after she was starting to set up in a lane and I was ready to come over to share. I had no idea what was going on, as suddenly she simply wasn't there anymore. I was totally messed up on the finer range rules since they seemed to be unwritten, and I didn't want to leave my gun unattended in there either. I need to know EVERYTHING beforehand, every nuance, every itty bitty rule, and would even be nice to have pictures with names of important-to-know people ahead of time so I can study them and their names. Trying to figure it out amid noise, limited time, and confusion in the moment? I can't do it.

Now I could write a whole book on this and be the Temple Grandin of gun issues, but I won't go there...

If this was your first time at the range, you should have filled out some forms and been given the range rules. If you didn't receive them that was certainly an oversight by everyone involved, including you. That's pretty much the SOP at any public range. It's pretty rare to have a cold range called at an indoor range. I've never seen it. At least now you know what to expect. If you felt uncomfortable you should have simply picked up your gun and stepped outside for a moment. No one ever said you had to leave it unattended. Terry was easily identified by her purple TWAW shirt and all employees had uniforms, name tags, and side arms. Normally they would just cruise through the range from time to time. During the hour the group is there one of them is always on hand to assist in any way. This week it was Drew, who is usually the one in there with the ladies.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I read the range rules online, but there were some minor things not in the ones online that presented while there.

And I just deleted a bunch of "aspergers run-on" as no one would probably read it anyway. People seem to only read about 1/4 of my long posts anyway.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I read the range rules online, but there were some minor things not in the ones online that presented while there.

And I just deleted a bunch of "aspergers run-on" as no one would probably read it anyway. People seem to only read about 1/4 of my long posts anyway.

what???:D

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I know how most folks here feel about Cont Arms but they are pretty accommodating for things like this is you arrange it in advance from what I've seen. With the warmer weather coming they will be more flexible as things get slower.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I would like to thank and apologize to The Well Armed Women.

Sorry we missed that last two session due to events.

Thanks, Last night my wife mentioned she missed the meets, missed shooting, and now she wants a 'plinker' I wasn't the one that taught her that term.

~G

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom