• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    What you have stated is true for the most part, but I'd be careful about buying three crates of 91/30 rifles and selling off 59 of them shortly after buying them.

Exaggerated? Yes. Just trying to make a point.

Never heard of a C&R being checked by the ATF, but if they do and they find 90 percent of a persons "collection" sold, then there may be a problem.

Not trying to be the C&R hall monitor.

No, you're right. You should definitely keep it t
    reasonable so that you could always argue in your favor if you do get asked during an audit. They do happen for C&R holders, just not very common.

Something tells me they will be more and more common in the coming years.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    What you have stated is true for the most part, but I'd be careful about buying three crates of 91/30 rifles and selling off 59 of them shortly after buying them.

Exaggerated? Yes. Just trying to make a point.

Never heard of a C&R being checked by the ATF, but if they do and they find 90 percent of a persons "collection" sold, then there may be a problem.

Not trying to be the C&R hall monitor.

I totally agree with you. I don't let my sales number more than 10% of the acquisitions in my BB. If people abuse the C&R license, it will be taken away and that would suck.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    You said it right, when you mentioned the abuse of your license. This is one of the most common questions people contact the ATF for clarificatiomnon, so much that its very clearly laid out in the FAQ. There's no reason to pick 10% as a limit and stick to it. Nothing wrong with that if it makes you more comfortable, but certainly don't hold on to a firsarm you're not happy with just because it would put you at 11% or 15% or whatever.
    This is taken from the ATF website from the C&R FAQ, and quite clearly outlines what "abuse" would be in regards to selling C&R firearms when you're a license holder:

"Q: What does “engaged in the business” mean?
    The term “engaged in the business,” as applicable to a firearms dealer, is defined as a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms."

WVg2CHL.jpg

p0QnSgv.jpg

Dwnq8vq.jpg

Ok, I am not much of a photographer but there she is. Overall I am pretty happy with it. Forced matched with only the floor plate having a strike through. The bore is pretty nice, a touch dark but not bad at all. The counter bore is about 1 1/4" deep. There is one rough spot in the stock (not pictured) where it got scratched a bit but not worth worrying over to me. All in all I'd say hell of a deal for $169.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Wow, yeah that's nice! Better than I expected it to look for sure, seems like its been a while since they were down in that price range so I was worried it would be rough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom