• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    M&T doesn't have the no or low ( cant remember ) balance free accounts any more. You need $500 or 10 card uses a month. I don't use this account, as its setup for the trust only.

How can I transfer the trust into another bank? Has anyone changed banks before in terms of it relating to a trust?

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    What do I do? Just close the m&t account and open a new one in the name of the trust at the new bank? I can't remember if I needed to submit anything to the atf for the bank account t originally or not..

Now m&t has a free account I think... Can't I get them to roll it over into that new free account?

Thanks.

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    I'm not... My grandfather and his brother were in the Army, but I don't think that qualifies me

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Okay.. So how do I transfer from my current account to a new bank account? Just close the current and open a new?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yes. Remember, your trust owns the bank account. There is nothing stopping your trust from having multiple accounts.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Ah. Thanks. So I'll switch then.

As long as the trust is funded, you don't "need" a separate account for the trust. Funded, means cash or property. Once the Trust owns property, you don't have to maintain an account if you don't want to. there are pros and cons either way you go. One thing to be mindful of is any Tax implications. I had mine set up such that I am fully responsible for any tax liability of the trust. I can drop the account if I want. In your case, you can change accounts at will. no reporting is required.

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Thanks. So then as I said, I'll just maintain m&t and get them to move it to a free account if they have one. I did assign a tax Id to the trusts bank account/trust itself... Buy I never spent any money nor made any...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Since when?

We did our trust account at M&T with a no fee checking account. No debit card though for the account. And this was not too long ago.

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Look at your statement. I have direct deposit of 10 a month ( to keep the service fees away ). I looked at it and seen a service charge, I called and they said oh we changed the terms... So in have to transfer it to a free account of some sort

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    You add the new account to the schedule A, then remove the old account from the schedule A. I prefer to line-through the old items on the schedule A, with a date of removal, just to be clear.

If you're military, former military, or one of your parents were or are military, you're eligible for USAA. Here's the eligibility link.

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Thanks man... My next question that has me confused is, do I need to file the tax ID on my taxes? I have the account solely for the purpose of the Trust. No money is gained ever using this trust...

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    My August statement from M& didn't have any fees on it. I have a checking and savings account at M&T and use the ATM several times a month to make deposits or get cash. I'll have to look at my Sept statement when I get it.

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    I have had the account for a few years . supposedly the terms.have changed since then lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom