• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I'm pretty convinced that WM and Dick's employees alert their buddies as soon as anything arrives, or even before it arrives.

It's been a while since I got ANY at WM. I got lucky once or twice at Dick's.

This weekend I got a 555 pack of Winchesters at a LGS for $55. Highway robbery, but what can you do?

I know for a fact that the department manager knows a day in advance what is coming in.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I just get on the waiting list for MidwayUSA for the 22LR ammo I want at the price I want and try to get some before it is gone. Usually have good luck. Problem is, I forget I already ordered some, and end up ordering more. Now I have a bunch. But, no worries, I have something to feed it all too :D

Dave

Claybreaker 2

Aug 25, 2013
    Frederick County
    There isn't even a tag for .22 ammo in the case at the Mt Airy Walmart. I've been looking there for 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed today that both WMs in Frederick have tags for .22, but of course none in stock. I do not remember any .22 tags the last time I searched (a month or two ago). Back then it seemed like they were only putting up tags for items as they stocked them and then pulling the tags when sold out. Now it seems that there are more tags in the case using up more of the space that had been switched to scopes, knives, etc.; and that those tags are being left even when out of stock. Don't know if this means that ammo, especially .22, is coming in more often but it may indicate some improvement.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Took about 10 minutes this time. Sign up now for the notification. Won't surprise me if more shows up in stock in the next few hours.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    It depends on the grade 22for me. Good honest target grade(match practice grade) is worth $50 a brick to me. But paying the same price/brick (2x retail) for blasting grade to scalping doesn't appeal at all.

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    Noticed today that both WMs in Frederick have tags for .22, but of course none in stock. I do not remember any .22 tags the last time I searched (a month or two ago). Back then it seemed like they were only putting up tags for items as they stocked them and then pulling the tags when sold out. Now it seems that there are more tags in the case using up more of the space that had been switched to scopes, knives, etc.; and that those tags are being left even when out of stock. Don't know if this means that ammo, especially .22, is coming in more often but it may indicate some improvement.

I actually scored 3 boxes of WWB 333's this Sunday at Frederick WM of 85. Saw it in stock on Brassbadger, walked in and it was in the back. Had 20 of them. Clerk said 10 more are due this Wednesday 4-1

Sorry for the late post...I thought I had posted this here, but noticedI put it in the AMMO thread and not the 22LR thread

my bad

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    It depends on the grade 22for me. Good honest target grade(match practice grade) is worth $50 a brick to me. But paying the same price/brick (2x retail) for blasting grade to scalping doesn't appeal at all.

Please tell me where you can find good match grade.22LR for $50 a brick and I'll be all over it. Sadly that is the retail price these days for CCI MM give or take a couple of bucks.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Please tell me where you can find good match grade.22LR for $50 a brick and I'll be all over it. Sadly that is the retail price these days for CCI MM give or take a couple of bucks.

Use ammoseek/etc. I see Aguila match pistol for 10cpr and Eley Target from a couple sources for 13cpr. I've seen Wolf come up for about 10cpr.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The Tac-22 is that grade ammo, Federal target (711), Aguila Match and Super Extra. Much is dependent on the firearm.

Also segregating by rim thickness with a gauge helps. I did that with the old Federal Classic 22 and got nearly match grade results at 100m from a TC pistol. As always with 22 LR, the arm will determine what it likes most.

For me perdonally, it depends on the gun I am using. 22 LR 1911 conversions arenotorious for needing HV round nose to run. I have since modified my 22 1911 pistol's hammer so it will cye with standard velocity ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom