• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greetings all,

I've been busy lately, as you can see. There's more on the way. I'll post pictures when they arrive. Here's what's in the picture.

1915 DWM P08, non-matching.

1941 byf P08, matching except for the magazine.

1944 byf P38, matching.

1944 Star Model B.

1944 Remington Rand M1911A1, United States Property marked.

1944 Nambu Type 14, matching except for the magazine and firing pin. The pin has no number. Toriimatsu Branch of the Nagoya Arsenal.

I think I need to let my C&R and wallet cool off for a while. Like I said, I'll post pictures of the rest when I get them.

Attachments

• new pistol.jpg
      new pistol.jpg
      132.5 KB · Views: 196
    Last edited:

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Awesome collection. I want to shoot a Nambu one of these days, very curious looking pistols.

Looks like someone on acid tried to design a Luger.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Other than a weak firing pin the T14 design was good enough to inspire Bill Ruger when he came up with the MkI. Points much like a Luger and that's a good thing as the Luger is IMHO the most natural pointing military pistol around. The only funny feel is the narrow grip and the awful 180 deg safety, that's easily the worst part of the design. And for folk like me with tiny mitts the narrow grip actually isn't all that bad. Anyone with big paws like my younger brother would probably not be a fan.

Jul 1, 2012
    Good stuff... I have to say that the Glock is somewhat of a jarring presence though :)

BTW - Mauser P.38s (BYF) never had numbered mags. A proper mag for a blued BYF44 would have P38v on the side and E/WaA135 on the spine; a "jvd"-marked mag would be considered correct too.

Good stuff... I have to say that the Glock is somewhat of a jarring presence though :)

BTW - Mauser P.38s (BYF) never had numbered mags. A proper mag for a blued BYF44 would have P38v on the side and E/WaA135 on the spine; a "jvd"-marked mag would be considered correct too.

I will edit my post and remove the Glock. It really doesn't belong here anyway. I just wanted to show it off.

I checked the P38 Magazine and found these marks on the back - WaA706 and jvd.

Jul 1, 2012
    I will edit my post and remove the Glock. It really doesn't belong here anyway. I just wanted to show it off.

I checked the P38 Magazine and found these marks on the back - WaA706 and jvd.

That Glock is a lot nicer-looking than the all-black plastic ones (sorry to all the black-gun fans).

That mag would be considered correct so you can say the gun is "all-matching" :)

Does it say anything on the left side? Some are a bit more uncommon than others... blank sides for instance are not that common. Most will have either "P38" or "jvd" on the left side, or both, or a large "P38" over "U".

That Glock is a lot nicer-looking than the all-black plastic ones (sorry to all the black-gun fans).

That mag would be considered correct so you can say the gun is "all-matching" :)

Does it say anything on the left side? Some are a bit more uncommon than others... blank sides for instance are not that common. Most will have either "P38" or "jvd" on the left side, or both, or a large "P38" over "U".

The only marks are the ones on the back. I changed the description to matching. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom