• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    I'm just going to come right out and say it.

You could ask more for these fine cases and get it.

Based on your material and labor costs, you're giving these away.

Really am just trying to help.

Good luck with them.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

At this price point we are trying to make a little traction, and plus we do have some leftover materials from other projects, that would subsidize this a bit. Plus it's MDS, so giving a better price is worth it, especially if in the long run we can sell a few more.

Once we do have to start purchasing ply and foam, then we are going to have to reconsider pricing.

Also I was a bit concerned with getting too close to the price of buying a similar sized pelican case. Now what we are doing is different, ours is lighter & we can customize color to a certain extend, but it's not buoyant, & if you drop a Pelican case down the stairs you'll most likely have no damage to the case, where ours is going to show a little wear, but definitely protect what you have inside.

So here's a question, what would you pay for a case like this?

Great looking cases. But how will they hold up? Torture test ?

Not sure on the torture test, but based on our knowledge of wood working and tendency to over-build things, my thoughts would be that it's pretty durable, no scientific evidence to prove it, and they are too pretty to intentionally damage!:)

DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    What would charge to put two locks on it? Then its airline ready...

I can do the closing latches like you see on the box that have a keyed access, or a loop for your own lock in silver no problem. The black hardware is a little harder to come by, but an educated guess would be about $200 or less to add the locks.

Nice looking cases, is there anything like straps, etc. on the interior to keep things in place or would everything just be floating around?

Hmm, it seems to be a bit of a theme to charge more...What would you pay for a case like this?

We didn't do straps, but the foam is at a height on the bottom so that just about anything you put in there would be secure between the 2 pieces of foam. I can also get layered foam that can be trimmed the exact shape of whatever you'd be carrying. The straps are a good idea, pretty sure we can make that happen.

DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    Nice work. Any added advantage of using corner fittings that key "stacked" cases together so they do not slip off? It would make the more friendly when stacked during transportation. Only useful if one has multiple cases of the same size.

Good luck.

EDIT: Like this http://www.parts-express.com/penn-elcom-c1335k-metal-cabinet-corner-stackable-black--262-165

Yep! Can do! We would just use a different corner protector, and the other ones are made so you can next the boxes of similar size together.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    I purchased one of the larger cases in gray. I have to say the qualityand finish are great. I usually beat my cases up in the trunk going to the range and I can say this puppy will hold up for one hell of a long time. Definitely a good value at this price. Customer service was great and stayed in touch during the whole process. A definite thumbs-up from me! Thanks again for the great case!

Lostinbmore

Junior grade mop slopper
    Dec 19, 2012
    Baltimore
    So I want one. Can you do something with fitted foam padding?

Because.... I'm that guy with outlined peg boards in the garage so I know where the hammer goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom