• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downwind65

Jan 10, 2010
    Baltimore Co.
    I went on the Gunbot site looking for .17HMR and found a place called Goose Island had a good price but when I went to check out Maryland was not in the drop down of choices. And it wouldn't let me type it in. There were several States missing from the selection. Anyone else had this issue??

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    Goose island doesn't ship anything to MD. I contacted them after trying to order some Glock 17 mag. They never even replied

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I went through this too. Here is what their site says. So if they dont want my business screw them.
    "RESTRICTED SALES: We do not ship outside of the Continental United States and due to restrictive gun ownership and magazine laws in certain locations, Goose Island Sales does not sell ANY items to the following states: Washington D.C., California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Colorado. We are sorry for this inconvenience, but Goose Island Sales refuses to conduct business in states that are hostile environments for gun ownership. There are ZERO excceptions to this rule."

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    What a childish attitude. Just who exactly do they think they're punishing? If anything, they're helping the anti-2A idiots that we have to put up with in this state.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    What a childish attitude. Just who exactly do they think they're punishing? If anything, they're helping the anti-2A idiots that we have to put up with in this state.

Agreed. Their arrogant stupidity is encouraging more infringement of 2A. They fail to realize that the anti-2A bogeyman is bound to move to their state before long, while they themselves unwittingly help to lead the charge.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    From their website:

"There are ZERO excceptions to this rule."

Obviously, an edumacation isn't one of the many burdens they have to cope with.

Gee, I hope nobody goes onto the many gun- and ammo- deal websites out there, and flags all of their deals as "invalid".

Cuz, that would be mean.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Well in that case I'll send this information along to my friends and family that live outside of MD. Since they only support business that support 2A I'm sure they will not by from them either. Shops like this are part of the problem...

dc44

Dec 26, 2012
    from a business standpoint sometimes it makes sense for a small firm with no standing legal department to make blanket policies like this. sure, it sucks for the few people that they won't do business with, but the huge burden of risk may outweigh the small profits that might be seen if they make an effort to keep up with the ever changing applicable laws.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    It's their choice as a business.

Honestly, they're probably just a podunk outfit without any kind of serious legal department and figure it's less stress for them to just not sell to us than to try and guess at what is "legal" and what is not.

It's really their loss because they're not getting our business. If that's what they want, though, they have every right to choose that.

It's more our (Maryland's) fault than anything, for continuing to allow these big-guv progressives to treat us like little children.

Funny how we b!tch about Beretta staying in MD and giving the O'Mafia all of that business tax revenue, but we'd be irate if they stopped selling their products in MD depriving them of that 6% sales tax revenue, and those MSP application fees, etc. Only to worry about some frivolous liberal lawsuit against the company when some thug-life in Baltimore uses one of their products in a crime.

Yes, it sucks. But no, I don't blame them for not wanting to deal with the hassle. Maybe if they grow to a larger size, they'll be willing to hire the lawyers and do the research to effectively and legally court the MD firearms market.

If there's even a MD firearms market LEFT by that point, the way these politicians are going.

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    That is why I have several address . Always a way around it or back door .

downwind65

Jan 10, 2010
    Baltimore Co.
    Where is there a "Gray Area" for selling ammo to Md residents? To me this is total BS!! There not missing out a a few sales there could be hundreds of sales they are missing. I would have spend several hundred dollars with them yesterday. I can only hope that people from other States see this and stop dealing with them!!

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I came across this outfit too when I was looking for #9 shot. By not selling to MD residents, they are actually helping the state government. The less able we are to buy from online sources, the more likely we are to buy from local vendors and pay sales tax to the state.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I came across this site today while looking for 22lr ammo. I had a link to them from gunbot.

Has anyone ever used them before?

I checked their list of restricted states and, surprisingly, Maryland is no longer on the list. I am hoping they will ship in a reasonable amount of time. I have placed an order so I will let everyone know if it goes through or not...

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I came across this site today while looking for 22lr ammo. I had a link to them from gunbot.

Has anyone ever used them before?

I checked their list of restricted states and, surprisingly, Maryland is no longer on the list. I am hoping they will ship in a reasonable amount of time. I have placed an order so I will let everyone know if it goes through or not...

Oh... Here is the link that lists the states they will not ship to...

http://gooseislandsales.com/restrictions.asp

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    F-us. Goose Island is just trying to cover their asses. Our beloved Maryland representatives are the ones making it difficult on GI when they try to serve us.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    F-us. Goose Island is just trying to cover their asses. Our beloved Maryland representatives are the ones making it difficult on GI when they try to serve us.

Yea... I wonder what led them to change their mind and start shipping to Maryland though?

Hopefully my order will go through...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom