• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Surprise, that suitland and capital heights did not make the list. I would not walk at night through an apartment complex in adelphi, md. The homeland of MS13. Maybe that is hyattsville though...

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Compiled of "violent" crime rates. That's why OC is #2...drunken altercations. :sad20:

Cherry picking stats to make places seem worse than they are. Must be a liberal owned company.

Feb 28, 2013
    Not the first time we've seen this. It's hard to forget a list that's as bass ackwards as this one.

Hell, you could fill that list just with places in Prince George's county.

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    Someone needs to talk to the editor about time management, because too much time was spent on this.

1. Baltimore.
    2-10: PG County cities.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I don't know. Westminster is pretty bad now. I saw some jaywalkers yesterday. I was going to do a felony type citizens arrest, but my song was on the radio, and by the time it was over, I had lost the suspects.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Compiled of "violent" crime rates. That's why OC is #2...drunken altercations. :sad20:

Cherry picking stats to make places seem worse than they are. Must be a liberal owned company.

Yes, most violent crimes there people either know each other or are drunken altercations where for the most part, both parties are to blame. We have a place there since 2003 and never been any issues I could not just walk away from cause I had nothing really to defend.

I believe they changed laws there so that assault or is it verbal threads of assult is only arrestable if there is a police witness or something cause they got tired of getting so many calls. Just leave the drunkards alone and your fine. But don't do anything stupid.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    There's another reason OC is being ranked so high- Take note that the cities are ranked as to crimes per 100,000 residents. OC only has 7100+ residents, but there may well be 300,000+ visitors during the summer at any given time with an estimated 8 million per year. If you averaged out summer crime over the 300k visitors rather than the 7100+ residents, crime would actually be pretty moderate....despite the number of drunken episodes. While Baltimore, for example, has a fair number of visitors, the population there at any given time is mostly the 600,000+ actual residents.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    My uncle passed this to me. Westminster #9? I know it is getting worse, but dang. I know it is from a home security company, but they claim to use the FBI data.
    http://www.homesecurityshield.org/news/most-dangerous-cities-in-maryland/

The list is a quirk of Maryland. It only has 157 municipalities, 39 of which are greater than 5000. Places like Catonsville, Towson, Bethesda, Ellicott City would not show up in the list because they are unincorporated parts of a county.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Frederick, Md is Maryland's second largest city, IIRC, and wasn't on the list. I credit that to the city having good employment, a smaller than normal liberal contingent, and a great Sheriff's department., he doesn't let illegals get away with shit here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom