• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It;s now working. I'm not sure about a lot of the changes. I guess we'll see. We a had a ranked shooter in our club for years. It was a pleasure watching the dedication it took for him to get as good as he did.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I found it interesting that, while this is Service Rifle, it doesn't require a service rifle configuration. It seems any AR-15 style rifle is now legal for Service Rifle.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    The rifles used for service rifle are nothing like those used in service. Fact is today's military rifles are using quad rails, acogs, aimpoints, and collapsible stocks. No army unit is using match grade barrels under a free floating hand guard that is designed to look like a non free floating hand guard with 10lbs of lead shot in the stock.

It sucks when the rules are changed to significantly alter a working set up, but I can see where they are coming from.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    One of the big issues I've seen with new shooters in high power is plane jane AR's being forced into the match rifle classification.

I agree the new rules will help new shooters enter the sport, and optics will let older shooters remain competitive longer.

CMP believes that optics on unweighted rifles will not have an advantage over weighted rifles with irons, and that the fundamentals will be the defining skill for winning a match. With optic and non optic rifles competing in the same class that data will be difficult to track.

I enjoy shooting irons myself and have no plans to change.....for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom