• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Good evening! I am a solo practitioner located in western Baltimore County (near the Howard and Carroll County lines) looking for a law clerk to work ~10-15 hrs per week performing various tasks for my law firm and helping me spin up my next legal venture. Tasks will include legal research and memorandum drafting, estate planning and trust drafting, letter writing, and administrative work.

I run a non-traditional practice and my office hours are between 6pm and 10pm M-F but I offer a flexible work schedule that allows to you complete work independently outside of office hours. However, some face time is required.

Candidates must have strong analytical skills, the ability to do comprehensive legal research and writing, competency in microsoft word, microsoft excel, adobe acrobat, internet research, and a good sense of humor.

My practice areas include estate planning, state & federal firearms law, criminal defense consultation, national security law, business law, real estate, and international trade. Fair warning: My firm's practice centers around firearms law in its myriad forms. I assist clients - namely firearms enthusiasts and some businesses - in buying, selling, owning, and otherwise pursuing firearms of all types (Class III firearms in particular). If you possess anti-gun beliefs about the right to keep and bear arms and cannot put those beliefs aside while assisting clients, then this position is probably not a good fit for you.

If I can't find a law clerk, I will hire an admin assistant to do filing, office org, general help and maybe even some advanced paralegal/legal assistant type stuff. All candidates must be polished, well spoken, professional, able to follow directions, and otherwise put up with me.

Send resume, cover letter, and writing sample (law clerks only) to the e-mail address located in my profile in the IP section.

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    Best of luck! My assistant's last day is tomorrow so I'm scrambling for a replacement too. If you haven't already, post an ad on both law schools' sites. That's where I found my clerkship during school, and your hours seem good for a daytime student.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Best of luck! My assistant's last day is tomorrow so I'm scrambling for a replacement too. If you haven't already, post an ad on both law schools' sites. That's where I found my clerkship during school, and your hours seem good for a daytime student.

Thanks! I am assuming you're a lawyer. Where do you practice?

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sure thing. I have a real estate practice in Baltimore County. Pikesville to be precise.

We're not too far apart. I'm in Woodstock. I used to be a real estate litigator and transaction attorney until about a year ago.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    We're not too far apart. I'm in Woodstock. I used to be a real estate litigator and transaction attorney until about a year ago.
    Not far from my house...

I work in IT and travel quite a bit, but I will pass the information along to any of my friends that may be looking for additional hours.

m33p

Feb 17, 2012
    Hi Rusty,

I will have my girlfriend shoot you over her resume today. She is going to school for criminal justice so this sounds like it might be a good fit.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    If you're sending a resume, send it now. I cannot afford to wait anymore. Plan to make a hiring decision no later than the 15th of September.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Absolutely.

Resume and cover letter sent. My girlfriend (also a UB Magna *** Laude graduate awaiting bar results) will likely be sending you a resume tomorrow. She has more experience with the trusts and estates portion of you practice (took Vallario's workshop drafting wills and trusts for clients) and was an office manager for a few years at a fire suppression company in New York.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Bump because I need a new law clerk/admin assistant....

My current law clerk found a job as a full time attorney and is moving on (Congratulations to him!), so now I need to hire a new law clerk.

Send application materials in accordance with the instructions in the OP

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom