• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lerlactl

Oct 17, 2010
    Had a swat version a few years back, I got rid of it. Nice gun, but it was just too front heavy for me.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Duffy's had a 556XI Russian in stock yesterday. Which isn't exactly the the same as either of those, but it's sure close. (Don't bother calling; it's not there today. But Vince can order you one.)

Feb 28, 2013
    Duffy's had a 556XI Russian in stock yesterday. Which isn't exactly the the same as either of those, but it's sure close. (Don't bother calling; it's not there today. But Vince can order you one.)

I appreciate the suggestion.:thumbsup:

But I'm lookin' for the one that looks like the classic Swiss battle rifle, notwithstanding the fact that the 556 takes AR mags.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I'm lookin' for the one that looks like the classic Swiss battle rifle, notwithstanding the fact that the 556 takes AR mags.

It makes logistical and economic sense if you like stocking up on mags and already have an AR.

Swiss mags are not cheap or readily available. Plus they can be banned from import without any prior notice. Unless SIG USA starts churning them out it is best to stick with the 556 unless you are a collector who has to have the original magwell.

I shot mine a few days ago and it was sweet. No malfunctioning and great accuracy. I have the 4th Gen that has the ambidextrous, redesigned magazine release that must have been built during the transition to the xi version. It definitely is an improvement overy prior SIG's which is why I am glad I waited to finally get one.

Feb 28, 2013
    It makes logistical and economic sense if you like stocking up on mags and already have an AR.

Swiss mags are not cheap or readily available. Plus they can be banned from import without any prior notice. Unless SIG USA starts churning them out it is best to stick with the 556 unless you are a collector who has to have the original magwell.

I've seen the Swiss 30 rounders going for 60 bucks a pop.:shocking:

The purist in me was at first cringing at the thought of AR mags in a Swiss rifle, but for duration of my stay here in the Peoples' Repubic, that's the only option. At least the lower isn't serialized on Sig rifles, so that leaves an option for later.

I shot mine a few days ago and it was sweet. No malfunctioning and great accuracy. I have the 4th Gen that has the ambidextrous, redesigned magazine release that must have been built during the transition to the xi version. It definitely is an improvement overy prior SIG's which is why I am glad I waited to finally get one.

Thanks for the review.:thumbsup:

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    what non-banned-in-MD SIG takes Swiss magazines, though?

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I've had one for years and I have never experienced a problem with it. Breaks down easily for cleaning and shoots whatever I feed it. Only downside is it is a bit weighty, but nothing close to a deal killer.

Feb 28, 2013
    Just called 4 places and struck out.

One said they have 'em on back order, so that must be the case everywhere.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    You'd probably be better off searching for one used on the forums. I got mine off Arfcom, for the price of a new one, complete with both an AR-friendly plus rock and lock lower and a few different mags. The upper is the serial'd part. The rock and lock lower is cool but since it takes proprietary mags, it's more of a curiosity. And I'm not a big fan of the transparent Sig factory mags, while the tech has gotten better trans mags have historically been more prone to cracking. Just don't trust lugs made out of plastic.

I haven't shot it a lot but it's been reliable with the mags/ammo I've tried. Trigger is rather good for an issue rifle, otherwise it shoots like a heavier AR. Decent accuracy. The piston system is much lighter than an AK.

My only complaints are the folding stock is a little substandard, being non-adjustable and hinge pin retainer is a poor design. And early Sigs had some known feeding issues.

You are welcome to try mine on for size one day.

Feb 28, 2013
    no no no buy a pap m92 be done with it lol

Negatory. Already got a couple of them. ;)

You'd probably be better off searching for one used on the forums. I got mine off Arfcom, for the price of a new one, complete with both an AR-friendly plus rock and lock lower and a few different mags. The upper is the serial'd part. The rock and lock lower is cool but since it takes proprietary mags, it's more of a curiosity. And I'm not a big fan of the transparent Sig factory mags, while the tech has gotten better trans mags have historically been more prone to cracking. Just don't trust lugs made out of plastic.

I haven't shot it a lot but it's been reliable with the mags/ammo I've tried. Trigger is rather good for an issue rifle, otherwise it shoots like a heavier AR. Decent accuracy. The piston system is much lighter than an AK.

My only complaints are the folding stock is a little substandard, being non-adjustable and hinge pin retainer is a poor design. And early Sigs had some known feeding issues.

You are welcome to try mine on for size one day.

The offer is much appreciated.:thumbsup:

But that won't be necessary. After much research, and in light of it's not quite perfect but close enough resemblance to the Swiss military issue tool, I've decided that I WANT!:D

schnejerator

dabbled in pacifism once
    Sep 26, 2014
    haggistucky
    You have to either pin the stock, or pull the flash hider and replace it.

Does a compensator/brake have to be welded staked, etc? (16" barrel issues aside, I'm curious about MSP and copycat interpretation). And does this work have to be done before the transfer can happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom