• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelersfan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 28, 2013
    Planning on getting the kel tec su16a model tomorrow. Now I know lots of you dont like em, but im not asking for opinions on them. I just want to know if I will be able to buy it. I heard that non hbar ar15 are regulated, and wasnt 100 percent sure if it fell under an ar15 title or not.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    You can't buy regulated long guns anymore, even if you were 21. As long as it's not a Copycat (ie folding stock and flash hider, etc.) you can purchase at 18.

Steelersfan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 28, 2013
    The a model does fold though. It cant be used when it does fold, but it folds none the less. Although, i have seen them on local gun shop websites.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The SU-16C has a true folding stock, so you wouldn't want to put a flash hider on it (it does not come with one from the factory). The other variants are "folding receiver", and should be alright.

Steelersfan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 28, 2013
    You may want to take a harder look at the SU16C. Barrel is a little heavier, front sights are better. The fact that it fires while folded is a plus. Just can't put a flash hider on it.

I emailed kel-tec about the c barrel. They said that the newer A models have thicker barrels than the C. Also, I can buy the c model stock for the gun afterwards for about 100 dollars. Considering the c model is about 100 dollars more in price, I can have an A model and C model stock for the same price as just buying the c model

Steelersfan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 28, 2013
    Just picked the Kel-Tec up today! So excited to get it out to the range. P-mags slipped right in which is a plus. Will post pics up sometime.

Steelersfan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 28, 2013

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
      securedownload.jpg
      58.6 KB · Views: 114

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That's an interesting lookin rifle. Does it have the folding stock as well? I've only seen the 16c in person .

Steelersfan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 28, 2013
    The stock does fold on this model, but it is not shootable folded, because the trigger assembly folds into the mag well

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom