• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I completed this course and benefited tremendously from it, so I wanted to throw this out there in case anyone was unaware of the opportunity. It may already be full.

August 6 – 9
    Harrisburg, PA
    Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers

MAG-40:

This is an intense, four-day, 40-hour immersion course in the “rules of engagement” for armed law-abiding private citizens. The course emphasizes legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers, threat recognition and mind-set, and the management of the social and psychological aftermath of having to use lethal force in defense of self or others. Also covered is preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing your exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered. Range work will include instruction in the use of the defensive handgun under extreme stress. Drawing from concealment, two-handed stances, shooting from cover, one-handed stances with either hand, speed reloading, and more are taught with an overall emphasis on fast, accurate shot placement. The course will culminate with a written examination covering the classroom topics and a police-style handgun qualification course. This course is a blending of MAG 20 / Classroom and MAG 20 / Live Fire but is taught over 4 – 5 days. Be prepared to shoot on the first day.
    Prerequisite: basic understanding of firearms safety.
    Cost: $800

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    for those committed to professionalism, this is THE course to take. it was a life altering experience to me. :smoke:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I'm not cutting $800 loose right now but I'd like to hear more about your experience.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Easily one of the most informative, challenging and enjoyable courses I have ever completed.

Four 10 hour long days are roughly divided into half classroom and half range time.

Classroom is a mixt of Ayoob lecturing based on his years of experience as a cop, cop trainer, nationally ranked shooter, and expert witness. Interspersed are Ayoob videos on certain topics that give him a break from speaking, and provide his best lectures perfectly, each time. These are always followers by a lively Q&A.

Working lunch.

Range time is officiated by Ayoob and his instructor group, which come in from all over the country. Many instructors are current or former IDPA masters, and the majority hold doctorates in areas including psychology, neurophysiology and emergency medicine.

You learn and practice all types of stances and shooting strategies, culminating in a PPC test the final day.

When class breaks around 6pm, you are usually too tired to do anything but go back to hotel, shower and complete the assigned homework.

Typical homework might include a lot of reading of provided relevant articles, case law summaries, reviewing of notes, or reloading, drawing or dry firing 1000 times.

I left with two legal pads of notes which I typically revisit at least monthly.

http://youtu.be/eW7AB7R0Ids

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    My last email with class coordinator 5 days ago showed some spots left.

Going to Harrisburg is a lot cheaper than going to Gunsite, and it is closer than Academi, and the level of instruction and proficiency training is certainly equal.

-Chuck

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I wish I would have know about this 4 days ago before i dropped $1500 on a new safe. I will have to keep an eye out for his next class in the area.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Easily one of the most informative, challenging and enjoyable courses I have ever completed.

Four 10 hour long days are roughly divided into half classroom and half range time.

Classroom is a mixt of Ayoob lecturing based on his years of experience as a cop, cop trainer, nationally ranked shooter, and expert witness. Interspersed are Ayoob videos on certain topics that give him a break from speaking, and provide his best lectures perfectly, each time. These are always followers by a lively Q&A.

Working lunch.

Range time is officiated by Ayoob and his instructor group, which come in from all over the country. Many instructors are current or former IDPA masters, and the majority hold doctorates in areas including psychology, neurophysiology and emergency medicine.

You learn and practice all types of stances and shooting strategies, culminating in a PPC test the final day.

When class breaks around 6pm, you are usually too tired to do anything but go back to hotel, shower and complete the assigned homework.

Typical homework might include a lot of reading of provided relevant articles, case law summaries, reviewing of notes, or reloading, drawing or dry firing 1000 times.

I left with two legal pads of notes which I typically revisit at least monthly.

http://youtu.be/eW7AB7R0Ids

ahem. you forgot about the cleaning your gun part, oh thats right, Glocks don't need to be cleaned :innocent0.

be sure to take a cooler and pack some food because doing all that is required while not in class, really makes it difficult to hit an eatery. late going to bed and early rise in the morning, just an FYI.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Damn, I would have loved to have gotten in on this. No formal vacation this year, so if I had known earlier this could have been perfect for a few days off!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I would've considered it, but have Jeff Gonzales' Combative Handgun 2 this weekend, so no way I was taking off multiple weekends so close together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom