• 20150523_145744.jpg
      20150523_145744.jpg
      54.1 KB · Views: 477

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Is there a purpose for lanyard's on knives. Is it just for personalizing? Is it to aid in getting the knife out of your pocket? Like a pull tab, so to speak? I like the look of it, especially the skull, but curious about its purpose. Great looking knife!

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Is there a purpose for lanyard's on knives. Is it just for personalizing? Is it to aid in getting the knife out of your pocket? Like a pull tab, so to speak? I like the look of it, especially the skull, but curious about its purpose. Great looking knife!

Mostly looks but it does aid in pulling out the knife. Can also be helpful if you have a pack or bug out bag with a lot of stuff and want to locate the knife quickly.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    I don't like pocket clips on folders so I use a lanyard for fast deployment
    out of a belt sheath. Here is one I made for my CQC7.

18041104218_fed4bc0b2e_b.jpg

18228946345_e881856c43_b.jpg

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Here are some lanyards I did (except the Damascus steel Delica). Snake knots, a Schmuckatelli bead, and a Mathew Walker knot in the top picture. All snake knots in the bottom picture.

Attachments

• DSC_0079.jpg
      DSC_0079.jpg
      106.4 KB · Views: 270
    • DSC_0083.jpg
      DSC_0083.jpg
      103.7 KB · Views: 271

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

I had that knife and LOVED IT!!!!!!! I used it to pull staples out of a warrant and left it at the copy machine :sad20::sad20::sad20::sad20:

I then went ahead and bought the same model but with the flat tip (for prying doors). I have found that in the 20 years I've been carrying a knife the only time I've use a tip was as a makeshift screwdriver or to stab random things like trees, fruit, the ground, or anything else of stupidity that I feel the need to ruin my knife for! A tonto blade (or half tanto like your knife) is a much better option then a straight point.

The new benchmade triage with no tip is AMAZING for police-work!

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I had that knife and LOVED IT!!!!!!! I used it to pull staples out of a warrant and left it at the copy machine :sad20::sad20::sad20::sad20:

I then went ahead and bought the same model but with the flat tip (for prying doors). I have found that in the 20 years I've been carrying a knife the only time I've use a tip was as a makeshift screwdriver or to stab random things like trees, fruit, the ground, or anything else of stupidity that I feel the need to ruin my knife for! A tonto blade (or half tanto like your knife) is a much better option then a straight point.

The new benchmade triage with no tip is AMAZING for police-work!

Agreed! It's my favorite benchmade. I'd love it in an auto, but the Triage auto is much thicker, I guess to accommodate the spring and mechanism.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Here's a couple lanyards I made last year little long but easy to get my hands on it and a double turks head I added to a Mag light makes it easier to hold.

Attachments

• knife lanyard.JPG
      knife lanyard.JPG
      26.2 KB · Views: 122
    • Mag light lanyard.jpg
      Mag light lanyard.jpg
      16.2 KB · Views: 124

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members