• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    It's been exactly 1 week since I had my LiveScan prints done at Absolute Investgative Services in Bel Air & submit my initial HQL Training Exempt application. (Even used crappy Internet Explorer for the 1st time in years)

The "Checklist" shows only that I've paid (1st item that showed up almost immediately), & the "DHMH" check (the very LAST item on the list). So I Submitted it on Friday, got the 1st check... then Monday got the LAST check in their list (ok, moving right along I thought)... Now nothing since Monday... Is that about right?

I also received this letter in the mail today: (below... Sorry sideways pic)

Anyone else get this letter?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      51.1 KB · Views: 1,246
    Last edited:

clarksvegas

Jul 8, 2011
    Escaped to TX
    that letter is normal. It's basically the result of the background check for the HQL. I guess the law that covers the HQL's background check as 'personally initiated' and you are provided a letter with the results.

If there's a process to have the state run a check on you that you request may result in a similar letter. Notice that it does not reference the HQL as the reason for the check. I don't know if the MSP or HQL documentation (FAQs?) mention you'll get one of these during the application process.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Normal. I'd wait till Monday and then call Licensing.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Do they still update status if you log in to your account with MSP? I remember when I got mine it showed at one point that it had been processed and then it was just waiting for the mail to come. Chris

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    That's exactly how it worked for me, and then no activity for a couple of weeks and then everything got completed at the end.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Same exact situation. Submitted 6/10, last item completed 6/11, and nothing since. Seems normal from what I've read.

extski

Aug 6, 2009
    Pasadena
    I'm in exact same boat, and basically same timeline as well.

- got fingerprinted and submitted application on 6/11
    - web portal status shows application/license fee completed on 6/11 and DHMH completed on 6/12, nothing changed since
    - I just got the same letter in the mail yesterday, showing received on 6/11 in upper right and actual letter dated 6/15 as well

I've bookmarked the MSP website on my phone and I've been checking that stupid site several times a day now since I submitted the application, just waiting :) I subscribed to this thread and I'll post any time I get a status change, since it looks like we submitted around the same time and hopefully get cards all around same time as well.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    I'm in exact same boat, and basically same timeline as well.

- got fingerprinted and submitted application on 6/11
    - web portal status shows application/license fee completed on 6/11 and DHMH completed on 6/12, nothing changed since
    - I just got the same letter in the mail yesterday, showing received on 6/11 in upper right and actual letter dated 6/15 as well

I've bookmarked the MSP website on my phone and I've been checking that stupid site several times a day now since I submitted the application, just waiting :) I subscribed to this thread and I'll post any time I get a status change, since it looks like we submitted around the same time and hopefully get cards all around same time as well.

I will post if anything changes...

Updated this AM - Done and approved. Applied 6/10 - Certification 6/19. :party29:

Congrats... I applied 6/12 so according to ur timeline, I should see something next week

Thx all for the input

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    So it's June 30th & I'm still "pending" with the NICS, CJIS, & JIS all listed as "Incomplete" on the checklist.

According to the website items listed as "Incomplete" require additional information & that "you will be contacted"

The last activity or items marked "Completed" was on June 22.

I sent an email to them today but I'm not holding my breath for a timely response (if any)

Any thoughts?

Submitted June 12, 2015.

Thx

extski

Aug 6, 2009
    Pasadena
    So it's June 30th & I'm still "pending" with the NICS, CJIS, & JIS all listed as "Incomplete" on the checklist.

I'm still showing Incomplete for NICS and JIS, with the the last completed activity on mine being June 19. Looking through the main HQL thread, it seems as though the Incomplete status has happened to quite a few people and then it changes to completed without even being contacted sometimes and basically means they are still reviewing it. At least I'm hoping that the case for us as well :) Mine has been in the Incomplete status for almost a week and a half, so I'm hoping it goes through soon from seeing others in this status for several day (but guess all depending on MSP work load I guess). But was curious what your status was, since we applied around the same time.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    MDSP site shows my HQL as "ACTIVE" as of July 3, 2015 with an actual License number.

Yesterday their was still those 3 "Incomplete" items then today no more checklist & status is "Active".

Quite the random process I must say... no rhyme or reason to the order they go down that list from what I can tell.

Oh well... guess I will get an actual license in the mail sometime soon.

I even said I wouldn't even get this silly license... but here I am...

Now I just am back to where I was pre Oct 2013, but at least that's done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom