• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    I was bitten by the big bore bug in February and have now found myself with only one small bore (.22) airgun. I started with an Extreme Big bore .408 that has a muzzle energy of 500ft/lbs on air and 850ft/lbs on helium. Then we built an Extreme .308 dubbed the Whiteout because with Helium I was shooting a 200 grain Boat tail at 1000fps which is very similar to a 300 blackout subsonic round and maintaining MOA accuracy at 200 yards (3 shot groups).

Which leads me to today. I finally got to shoot/tune my new .72 caliber Extreme Big bore. On air I'm pushing 750ft/lbs but on Helium I'm hitting 1350ft/lbs with room for more! Anyone ever see a 735 grain hollow point bullet going 915 fps hit it's target?! Pure destruction lol.... Shooting off of shooting sticks I'm holding a 1" group at 50 yards with ease. I decided to shoot the 535 grain bullets for the hunt because they're doing 1020fps and their trajectory is much flatter.

Now I'm just waiting for rifle season and I'm going to unleash 1300ft/lbs of airgun power on a Maryland deer.

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    this sounds impressive. Any videos?

Not yet. We plan to video the hunt. You can check out "Hogs and Helium" on YouTube to see what these guns are all about. The video is by Mr. Hollowpoint. I must warn you he's a strange bird but the video gets better towards the hunting part lol....

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    How about some pictures of the "Pure destruction ..." of those 735 gr. hollow points?
    :needpics:

I'll get some pictures this week. I just received my first mold for a 490 and 590 grain bullets and the 590s are crazy accurate with all three shots going through the same hole at 50 yards. I'm sending the mold out next week to have a massive hollow point put in it.

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    Figured out how to load pictures. Here's the rifle. It measures 42" long and the second picture is of a 535 grain hollow point before and after.

Attachments

• 20151113_224441.jpg
      20151113_224441.jpg
      32.8 KB · Views: 153
    • 20151114_154638.jpg
      20151114_154638.jpg
      49 KB · Views: 140

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Did you make or buy this. I like big bore but haven't found what I want. I like my MRod but it has limits. What you are shooting is pretty cool. How are you getting the helium under that kind of pressure? Please keep us apprised.
    V

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    Did you make or buy this. I like big bore but haven't found what I want. I like my MRod but it has limits. What you are shooting is pretty cool. How are you getting the helium under that kind of pressure? Please keep us apprised.
    V
    The gun is built and sold by Brent at http://www.extremebigboreairrifles.com/ .
    Even on air his rifles are the most powerful on the market. They can be tuned for anything from a 2700psi fill all the way up to a 4700psi fill with a 5 minute spring swap.

Obtaining helium isn't very hard. You can get a 6000psi tank and regulate its output down to your rifles fill pressure but the 6000psi tanks are expensive so I opted for a 217cu/ft 2100psi tank that I can regulate and run through my Shoebox compressor and effectively fill my tanks to 4500psi. Using this method it cost me about 10 cents a shot on Helium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom