• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    If you are asking about purchasing stripped lowers out of state and transporting them to good old Maryland. You will probably be arrested at BWI.

After 10/1/2014 stripped lower are BANNED.

Where do you come up with that?

While illegal, they don't check the legality of your firearms when you depart, let alone whether they are legal in your destination. No one at the arriving airport should have any clue you have guns unless it is an obvious long gun case.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    So even stripped lowers you think I have to declare? I feel like thats just asking for trouble to even mention you have them. But I guess it could be worse if they found them and considered them guns even though its a block of metal. lol

They are guns by every legal definition.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    As has been mentioned, illegal if purchased after 9/30/13 (purchased on or after 10/1/13).

Will you be caught? Maybe, maybe not. But if you are, you will have a firearms felony on your record and be prevented from owning any firearms for the rest of your life.

Is it worth it to YOU?

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    lol oh so they cant be brought into the state at all even if staying in my possession? Im now a resident of texas...

Why not just keep your guns in Texas if you are a resident there? If you didn't bring your lower receiver to MD before Oct. 1, 2013, wouldn't you be breaking the law by bringing it now?

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    According to the Email I got back from MSP was when you purchase a Handgun/Rifle as a resident of MD the magazine cannot be larger than 10 round capacity, example was I could purchase a FNX-45 but would only be able to get it through a FFL with 10 Rnd Mags. I could go out of State and Purchase the 15 rnd Mags and bring them back, that was not illegal. It is just illegal to purchase the Higher Capacity Mags in the State. So to my understanding I would go to either PA or WV buy the HiCap Mags and than just drive back. And being that MD is surrounded by 4 States with lesser restrictions, I would be doing Road Trips...

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    The way i read it is, Purchased prior to 10/1/13 out of state, they need to be registered with MSP, after 10/1/13 they are illegal....I'm not an expert though

Registration is optional for those not intending to become residents of Maryland, correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    If you have moved to MD and claim it as your residence/domicile and have Handguns on the list you need to register them I believe in 30 or 90 days with MDSP... I checked into that because coming from NC had to make sure I didn't have to register my shotgun. I was going to buy my Pistols in NC before I moved but only the process is easy there but there is long waiting time to get the permit then buy your Handgun...(onslow County).

Now if you have a residence in another state and you claim MD as a Vacation Home than you need to check on that. You can email the MD State Police and they usually answer your questions in a timely manner...

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    FedX

Seems to me that since they aren't against federal law, and you don't give up ownership of something you ship, that a transfer does not occur. Therefore its legal to do that. wouldn't want to be the test case though.

Rob Jones

Jul 19, 2013
    White Plains, MD
    Check with your airline. Some airlines outline it very clearly. According to TSA they can be in checked bags just the same as your underwear. Also check laws at any of your layovers. I would avoid bringing them to any New York airport. I just brought some back from WA last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom