Clarification on how the Handgun roster works as far as modelss go.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    One of my mad money purhases will in the future be a FN FiveSeven.

On the handgun Roster they only list the IOM model.

The latest of course is the MKII.

How does this work? I have heard MD people purchasing the FiveSeven and am assuming it is the MKII I think.

Does the MKII have to make the list or what is the deal on what counts as a change for a Handgun to have to get another approval?

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I bought a Cylinder & Slide 1911 commemorative, Army model, a couple years ago. The people at C&S were very helpful with it all and handled all the Maryland requirements. We were talking about their experience dealing with Maryland and they said it was their understanding that if someone in Md buys the exact same pistol, but labelled as the Navy model, that they would have to get approval for that one too, since it reads as a different model, despite it just being a difference of what's printed on the barrel.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I have heard of certain pistols being sold in different cailbers (same model though) from what's listed on the roster so maybe it's not as particular as we tend to think.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    DanGuy48: I don't know about the MD Roster, but I do know that ATF sometimes ranks different versions of the same pistol differently. Certain serial numbers may be considered C&R while others aren't. Or the C&R status may be limited to a specific frame stamping or age range.
    Perhaps, that's what they're referring to?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If the Manufacturer and Model is not listed its not legal to sell.

Calibers are listed on the roster as well as model #'s but sometimes are not listed.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If the Manufacturer and Model is not listed its not legal to sell.

Calibers are listed on the roster as well as model #'s but sometimes are not listed.

It was noted in another thread that the cz p-09 is only listed as a 9mm and oddly enough the model# listed is for the 40. Wonder what kind of problem that creates? Most manufacturers have several calibers for the same gun.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It was noted in another thread that the cz p-09 is only listed as a 9mm and oddly enough the model# listed is for the 40. Wonder what kind of problem that creates? Most manufacturers have several calibers for the same gun.

I feel no sympathy for a CZ owner. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom