• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I hate those awful handguards, they always make guns look like toys to me but if that is the only thing I have an issue with.......

dwhaley

Oct 20, 2008
    Yeah, yeah... I know, looks like an AR butt-****ed a Saiga, but if they are MD compliant and help get defensive "Carbines" into folks hands, thats not a bad thing.

My understanding is its a proprietary lower and bolt carrier; takes AR magazines and upper receivers. If they ever offer the "lower" and bolt carrier separately, I'd be down for one for sure.

I admit though, it would be far more interesting in .308...

http://www.aresdefense.com/?page_id=729

scr_zps397012e6.jpg

This is very reminiscent of something I sketched out last year when SB281 was still in gestation...my idea had more of an SGA type stock, though.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I put a deposit on one a couple weeks ago, won't get it until at least the end of July. According to ARES you can convert this into any caliber currently available in an AR platform from 22LR to 458 socom by changing the upper and the bolt and mag. YOUTUBE has videos of it in 300BLK. it comes from the factory in 22LR, 5.56X45 and 7.62X39

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    The only thing I don't like is that the mag release (in its usual position) is too far forward to hit with a finger from the firing hand while still grasping the weapon in the firing position...you would have to completely move your firing hand to reach it.

ISODiopter

Dec 20, 2013
    Ceciltucky
    Serial number 000000XX

I received my email notification today, in-stock at the distributor I selected.

I checked the web site an hour after I received the message, and there was 2 listed. 4 hours later, there's one left.. but a different one (not part of the original two). Vendor is leaking them one-by-one?? hmm..

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Boy, that mag release is just way the hell out there... I wonder if someone is going to do an after-market release that has a paddle extension? Or, I wonder if you could use an ambi-release and maybe use your thumb when pulling out the mag? *ponder*

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Yeah, yeah... I know, looks like an AR butt-****ed a Saiga, but if they are MD compliant and help get defensive "Carbines" into folks hands, thats not a bad thing.

My understanding is its a proprietary lower and bolt carrier; takes AR magazines and upper receivers. If they ever offer the "lower" and bolt carrier separately, I'd be down for one for sure.

I admit though, it would be far more interesting in .308...

http://www.aresdefense.com/?page_id=729

scr_zps397012e6.jpg

actually it looks like a Saiga is IN THE PROCESS OF butt****ing an AR, not the other way around. The Saiga stock is coming out the butt, see?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom