• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    I got to dry fire one of these recently and was NOT impressed with the trigger at all. Over all grip feel is similar to a ppq. Why not just get a ppq with a nicer trigger?

I guess its a matter of opinion...a few big names in the industry has said it is similar, the same, a little better, or just a little under the PPQ trigger pull...either way if you are a HK head, or just respect the brand of firearms, I think a 5.4 lbs pull from an HK, and some have even measured it less, is more than enough to get your first, or another in your collection.

Last edited:

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Shooting a few drills and rapid fire string with the VP9, I didn't find the trigger to be a crutch at all. The 3 dot suckola sights are the biggest drawback out of the box, but are easily remedied.

This handgun has a ton of potential.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    I am not sure why spare parts are being brought up. HK's have a lifetime warranty. Other than mags what extra parts would you need? I am saving to buy one now. The HK rep I spoke to said First Reaponder and military pricing will have it costing between 520-550.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I am not sure why spare parts are being brought up. HK's have a lifetime warranty. Other than mags what extra parts would you need? I am saving to buy one now. The HK rep I spoke to said First Reaponder and military pricing will have it costing between 520-550.

Also, more & more holster makers are offering kydex and leather for this handgun.

I do appreciate the fact that it takes P30 mags, and HK didn't come out with a new proprietary mag for it *cough Walther PPQ M2 cough*

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I guess its a matter of opinion...a few big names in the industry has said it is similar, the same, a little better, or just a little under the PPQ trigger pull...either way if you are a HK head, or just respect the brand of firearms, I think a 5.4 lbs pull from an HK, and some have even measured it less, is more than enough to get your first, or another in your collection.

Feels nothing like a PPQ.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

My pants just tightened :-)

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Feels nothing like a PPQ.

Thats the thing quite a few opinions vary, I've never handled the PPQ, so I can't dispute, but I did feel the VP9, and again being it is miles ahead of the P30 and its an HK, if its your brand of choice or you've always wanted one, then I think there is a hell of a lot of people that will and are already purchasing this gun, so it will do fine.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    300+ rounds downrange on the VP9 today.

Nicest trigger on a production handgun that I've used. Breaks consistently. Very modest take up. Great shooter.

Sights aren't ideal. Trigger ain't perfect...but it's pretty damned nice for a $600 gun.

Sight picture #1 (see that post) is the deal with these factory sights. They are not awful but they aren't nearly as good as the trigger.

She shoots smoother than the Prom Queen's thigh...for a production gun.

Damn good value at anything less than than $700 IMO.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Thats the thing quite a few opinions vary, I've never handled the PPQ, so I can't dispute, but I did feel the VP9, and again being it is miles ahead of the P30 and its an HK, if its your brand of choice or you've always wanted one, then I think there is a hell of a lot of people that will and are already purchasing this gun, so it will do fine.

They appear similar and the styling is even similar (Germans, how creative!), but they hold completely differently. The shape of the grips is very different, especially the hump.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Saw that the other day. Some seem meh on the trigger but he really liked it.

He's generally positive during most reviews, even when being critical. Seems like, besides capacity and grip, he truly thought this one a winner though.

thai

May 8, 2013
    :lol:

Maybe after its in service for a decade or more and we get some examples that have hundreds of thousands of rounds through them. . . then we might be able to make a reliability and durability conclusion.

And I still have no idea why people think Glocks are inaccurate . . . 50 yard hits are simply a matter of having a good trigger press and good sight alignment . . . I can do it with my g19 and it has XS Big Dots on it.

As far as this new HK goes. . .at first look, I want one :D

Everything HK makes are high in quality. If you have one, look at all the markings on the frame, barrel, and slide-they are stamped from the proof houses that certify it's quality. The process is not cheap! Part of the reasons HKs cost as much as they do.

I am not fond of striker fired handguns for personal reasons. But I am certain the VP9 will sell and be very successful.
    There are a great many people who have not purchased an HK due to economics. The VP9 will afford them an opportunity to own an HK. I am almost certain with the price point of this pistol, there will be a great many first time owners of HK.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I am trying to resist getting one since I don't need another full size pistol. I wish it were a compact. But I have held this thing, saw Hickock45 like it and know where one is to be had on the 17th.

The force is strong in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom