• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I just got a lower back from Ident Marking Services yesterday and Im impressed. I had my info engraved in the trigger guard area and it looks perfect. Turn around time was 2 weeks. The engraving was clean, aligned perfectly, and re-blackened. Total cost was $45 for the engraving, and $15 for the shipping.

I decided on Ident because I wanted the engraving done inside the trigger guard area. I know Orion offers this option as well but decided on Ident after speaking with one of the owners. Funny enough, he is actually a former MD resident. He answered all my questions and had additional info to share as well. So after talking to him and reminiscing on his former MD days my mind was made up.

I know there are local engraving services here in MD. But for those looking for another option, Ident is a great choice.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Thanks for the information! I was about to send my Mega billet lower to Orion to engrave the trigger guard area too. Their cost was $65 + $16 return shipping.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Wow! Spooky!

I just got off the phone with them not 2 minutes ago, and THEN I saw your post.
    I'm going to use them and have them add an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor to my mag well.
    I was wondering, you can send pix of the work they did (you can black out identifying marks)? I'd like to see how it looks in the tirgger guard area.

Thanks

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Thanks for posting your feedback, this is good to know. These are 100% lowers? Is there any paperwork that needs to be filled out to transfer the lower to the engraver and then back to you?

No. Engraving is considered a repair and you can ship directly to them and they can ship back to you.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Thanks for the information! I was about to send my Mega billet lower to Orion to engrave the trigger guard area too. Their cost was $65 + $16 return shipping.

Using Ident will save you some money and if you have any questions they have great CS. Not sure they can do the trigger guard area since yours is a billet lower and has an integrated trigger guard. They may be able to put the engraving on the bottom of the integrated trigger guard though. You should call and ask.

Thanks for posting your feedback, this is good to know. These are 100% lowers? Is there any paperwork that needs to be filled out to transfer the lower to the engraver and then back to you?

This was for a 100% lower. No extra paperwork needed. Just fill out the order form on their website, ship them the receiver, and wait.
    "We hold an 07/02 FFL/SOT and can work with any Title I and Title II firearms."

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I was wondering, you can send pix of the work they did (you can black out identifying marks)? I'd like to see how it looks in the tirgger guard area.

Thanks

The pic is not of mine, got it off the web. Mine actually looks even cleaner. But this should give you an idea on how it looks.
    cd331ca2-15a3-4d2d-bb84-8960f1af21cb.jpg

Feb 25, 2011
    Charlestown, MD
    I've sent them an AR lower and my MP5 clone lower for SBR engraving as well as an Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight receiver for SBS engraving. I couldn't be happier with the results! I actually thought something was wrong because the turnaround for my stuff was four days, but they were just that fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom