• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    In the engineering building of UMBC, I noticed a large sticker on a bulletin board for MSI and Civilians for MD self-defense. It's a bit out of the way, but I was simply surprised and glad to see it on campus.

That would be all; glad to see awareness in an area that young voters frequent.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    FYI UMBC students are eligible to shoot on the university of maryland trap team.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    There is a UMBC rifle and pistol club that was started last year and continues to meet. I know one of the founders is a member here.

Yup, saw them while I was still a student there. A lot of folks are shocked how many engineers are in to shooting. All of my friends were

BurtonRW

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    LMAO. As a student there, back in '99, maybe(?) - I forget the exact year(s) - I was one of the founding members of the short-lived UMBC Sport Shooting Club. Our tagline: "We give the Retrievers something to fetch."

Although we never really had any members, it was well worth the effort we put in just to see the reactions of the student body whatever when we submitted our requests for funds for a small arsenal of bolt-action .22s and ammo.

I remember the budget hearings well. They ended up giving us $250 for t-shirts and several thousand dollars to the LGBT club to expand their "video" collection. No kidding.

Good times at UMBC.

-Rob

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    There is a UMBC rifle and pistol club that was started last year and continues to meet. I know one of the founders is a member here.

Djleepanda started it along with some other guys. He's banned from here though. One of their founding members transferred to UMCP this year. He came to my table at First Look Fair, but I have yet to hear from him.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    Yep, when we were in Annapolis for the FSA debates I was sitting next to a few dudes in the waiting room who I learned were from the UMBC shooting club.

They seemed like real sharp young men.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    The sticker is outside the door to the faculty sponsor for the rifle and pistol club.

Student Life on campus dislikes us (the club). But we will keep at it.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    The sticker is outside the door to the faculty sponsor for the rifle and pistol club.

Student Life on campus dislikes us (the club). But we will keep at it.

The Student Council at UMD College Park refuses to fund the Rifle and Pistol Club.

So the students do it themselves... I give them ammo and occasionally bring stuff for them to shoot.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The Student Council at UMD College Park refuses to fund the Rifle and Pistol Club.

So the students do it themselves... I give them ammo and occasionally bring stuff for them to shoot.

Interesting. I wonder if someone could bring a lawsuit. That does seem discriminatory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom