• ...and so much more!
  • coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    And the winner is....
    alucard0822

Hey all,

Just got permission from DD214 to run this contest. Thanks to the GREAT group buy from Gun Connection, I can now hold this contest! :D

1st place wins a Russian M44 made in 1948 by the Izhevsk arsenal and 100 rounds of ammunition. There are some carvings in the stock and a repair has been made to the stock near the receiver. It's still covered in cosmo but the bore looks good. Stock is a bit chewed and no cleaning rod. Caliber is 7.62x54r. I recommend the new owner get the head-spacing checked as I have not shot the gun. It's still a pretty nice gun. The ammunition will be 100 rounds of Russian Heavy Ball so be prepared to get a bruised shoulder.

Here are the rules:
    This contest is open to all current C&R holders at the end of the contest. The contest ends on August 1, 2008. This should be enough time for new C&R applicants to get their license. This contest is to try and get new people to get a C&R license however I understand that some of you had gotten one because of the "Why haven't you got your C&R license yet?" thread. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=3508&highlight=C&R Therefore I will not discriminate and the drawing will be open to all MDShooters.com members with a current C&R license at the end of the contest. There will only be one winner (as of now) and all C&R holders will be put in a hat and the winner will be drawn from said hat. In order for me to verify the C&R holders, I will have to get an email of the winners C&R license at the end of the drawing. This is to verify the winner actually has a valid C&R. If the winner doesn't have a valid C&R a second person will be pulled from the hat. The transfer will have to be done in person. I may drive a little to meet you half way to help with the transfer if you live far away. There is no cost to you to enter this drawing except for the $30 the ATF will charge you to apply for the license(and the stamps and envelope to mail the forms). There is no catch and the rifle and ammo will become the winners. Due to the nature of politics, if MD laws change and it is illegal to transfer said firearm, this contest is void! I think I covered all bases. Below you will find pictures of the gun the winner will receive.

For those that don't know:
    How to get a C&R license.
    Order forms here:
    http://www.atf.treas.gov/dcof/index.htm
    You want the forms titled:
    F 7CR (5310.16) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms

Once you have the forms fill them out and mail one copy to the ATF with a payment of $30. The other copy goes to your LOCAL Chief Law Enforcement Officer. (According to the ATF letter I received, it is your most local CLEO and not the MD State Police.) You should receive your license in about a month. You will also receive a separate welcome packet. Don't be worried if you receive one before the other. The other is on its way. Buy or make a bound book and read all the laws and information pertaining to your new C&R license. After your a know it all, buy a gun with your new license. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. There are plenty of people here to help you out, including yours truly! :cool:

Some info about C&R Licenses:
    Yes, the ATF can inspect your records once a year at your choice of a location. (ATF office or your house) They may surprise inspect more than once if they have probable cause that your breaking laws. Your are not allowed to conduct business with your C&R License and your required to keep a bound book of your Acquisitions and Dispositions. (You can get a bound book from Brownells, make your own with loose leaf pages, or buy a plain bound book and make your own.) You can not buy a non-C&R gun with your C&R license. (You can still buy non-C&R firearms following all applicable laws.) C&R licenses have no bearing on C&R handgun purchases within Maryland.

Why should YOU get a C&R License?
    Because you automatically get entered in the contest!
    Read this thread. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=3508&highlight=C&R
    In short, it allows you to get really awesome historic weapons (classified as C&R) usually at discounted prices shipped right to your door with no NCIS check. You also get dealer discounts on non-C&R items from Midway and Brownells. You can even purchase C&R handguns from the Internet and out of State without any MD regulation but I AM NOT A LAWYER!!!

This drawing starts TODAY! April 12, 2008 at 11:00pm GOOD LUCK!! :party29:

Disclaimer:
    I AM NOT A LAWYER!!
    If laws change beyond our control this contest is VOID.
    Contest may be modified to add prizes.
    Contest may be modified to comply with current laws.
    This contest may be modified at anytime for any reason.
    This contest is for MDShooters.com members with a C&R License IN MARYLAND at the end of the drawing.
    All laws will be followed in this contest.
    I AM NOT A LAWYER!!

Current entrants: (Please make sure you have a valid C&R license on August 1, 2008 in Maryland.)
    Slayr15, epc3762, 6cylrider98, houserocker, sbarber7973, jorjohn11, PresentArms, pigfrmr, mike in md, h2u, dwnthehatch, Drmsparks, Aquakeeper, parashootman, organized mayhem, Bigdtc, GunnyHwy, G O B, j8064, metalman3006, caeb75, pauln, Polecat, Numidian, Mikeyworks, Adams74Chevy, nighthawk2099, biermkr, Cadet08, AKbythebay, BigCity, Devonian, TWolf, Jas, scythe944, redduck21502, smores, Simon Yu, MrWhiteRabbit, TowsonTiger22, 1963vwbug, postmako, iriden, eddiek2000, SKS Noob, R2.0, Novus Collectus, Phoronus, two amen, kalister1, navycrna, TheYoshi, joppaj, garber38, mch28, robbo, skinnyp, maryland shooter, bkraft, eruby, alucard0822
    Please let me know if I missed you, your status changed, or you just received your license.

1948m44receiver.jpg

1948m44rside.jpg

1948m44lside.jpg

1948m44top.jpg

1948m44bottom.jpg

Last edited:

epc3762

Dec 30, 2007
    Forest Hill, Maryland
    Way to go Coinboy! I have it, put me in please. Thanks for putting this together. A contest on here where the prize goes BANG!:party29:

Nice explanation of the whole contest.... just did not see how we enter?

Thanks.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    all C&R holders will be put in a hat and the winner will be drawn from said hat. In order for me to verify the C&R holders, I will have to get emails of your C&R licenses from all participants at the end of the drawing.

I would change one aspect - it's not necessary to obtain copies of non-winner's C&R licenses, only the winner's. It would be easier (and safer) for everyone to just enter their name, then bring a signed copy of their C&R license when the transfer takes place.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Way to go Coinboy! Thanks for putting this together. A contest on here where the prize goes BANG!:party29:

Nice explanation of the whole contest.... just did not see how we enter?

Thanks.:thumbsup:

If you have a valid C&R in MD at the end of the contest, then your entered. ;)

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I would change one aspect - it's not necessary to obtain copies of non-winner's C&R licenses, only the winner's. It would be easier (and safer) for everyone to just enter their name, then bring a signed copy of their C&R license when the transfer takes place.

Thanks, changed.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Please enter me into your contest Coinboy.

If it wasn't for the Maryland Shooters web site and the help of you all I wouldn't have got my C&R license that I received last month. Also, Maryland Shooters helped me get approved as a Designated Collector a few weeks ago. :thumbsup:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Please enter me into your contest Coinboy.

If it wasn't for the Maryland Shooters web site and the help of you all I wouldn't have got my C&R license that I received last month. Also, Maryland Shooters helped me get approved as a Designated Collector a few weeks ago. :thumbsup:

Doesn't it feel great to know that you don't have to worry about when you bought your last regulated weapon now?:):thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom