• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That is how the courts paints us gun owners as paranoid. Everytime the tyranical government argument surfaces, the courts dismiss the idea as some mental delusion.
    The idea needs to become mainstream because it is one of the core principles our Nation was founded upon.

The Framers WANTED us to be paranoid.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    That is how the courts paints us gun owners as paranoid.

Everytime the tyranical government argument surfaces, the courts dismiss the idea as some mental delusion.

Because the courts want you to believe what politicians say, not what they do.

"Nobody's trying to take away your guns."

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Period."

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period."

"The Benghazi attack was inspired by that awful video."

"Americans are better off now than they were when I took office."

"Maryland's Firearms Safety Act of 2015 is saving lives every day."

"If we elect Larry Hogan governor, people will be carrying military-style assault rifles on school playgrounds."

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The idea needs to become mainstream because it is one of the core principles our Nation was founded upon.

As we all know from the corrected version of history now being taught, the Founding Fathers was just a group of paranoid delusional rabble rousers who resented their European government benefactors. Many of them were wealthy slave owners, too. They probably plagiarized the Constitution and Bill of Rights from a true progressive thinker like Joe Biden. And they led thousands of poor, uneducated proletariat idiots to their deaths, and for what? To establish the most unjust, oppressive, imperialistic oligarchy in the history of mankind.

Ask Brian Williams. He was there.

:sarcasm:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Maybe but I would rather see carry rights advanced nationally.

In the home SS is the logical ( court logic not real logic ) first step..

Then outside the home...if IS ( real IS not court IS ) every state will need to be shall issue or better..

Then we can try for SS..

This is one of the pieces that needs to fall in place before we can realistically hope for court enforced national carry..

The awb is just the method of getting SS..which frankly we should have had from the beging but for the courts insurrection..

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

Everytime the tyranical government argument surfaces, the courts dismiss the idea as some mental delusion.

Sadly this happens because the focus of the average citizen immediately shifts to today's government, and nobody thinks tyranny is upon us today. It's not about today, it's about things that might happen five, 50, or 250 years from now. We don't know what the stock market will be doing 30 days from now. How can we predict whether our great-grandchildren will be fighting for their very freedom, and be in desperate need of the instruments of freedom that we could be on the verge of banning today?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

The Framers WANTED us to be paranoid.

The courts have often said the tool is called an election, to have the peaceful transition of power in America.

This is the main reason we arent like the banana republics in Latin America.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The courts have often said the tool is called an election, to have the peaceful transition of power in America. This is the main reason we arent like the banana republics in Latin America.

I agree...to a point. Our Nation is moving away from core Constitutional values, and the federal government is usurping more and more power to itself. We are no longer a republic, and have not been for a long time. We are behaving more like a democracy, which is a very bad thing. Politicians elected to office declare "mandates" that fly in the face of the Constitution in some cases. Elections can be used to a point, but what happens when the majority of people are voting in candidates who continue to erode our Rights? We have to have the 2A to discourage that. Believe me, I don't ever want to see a revolution. It would be disastrous. We may reach a point where such a step is necessary.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    The courts have often said the tool is called an election, to have the peaceful transition of power in America.

The 2A exists to ensure that elections occur and that there is a peaceful transition of power every 4 years.

Just take a look at what happened in Egypt where Morsi was elected and then he said they didn't need any more elections.

Tyranny is close at hand and becoming more of a real problem everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

We have elections in Maryland, the Worker's Paradise. Democratic elections. With a Democrat running for their current position. Unopposed.

A lot like North Korea, China, and Cuba, Si? :mad54:

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA

Not every time .... but it wasn't the prevailing opinion at the time ...

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." -

Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals (Silvera v Lockyer, 2003)

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    We have elections in Maryland, the Worker's Paradise. Democratic elections. With a Democrat running for their current position. Unopposed.

A lot like North Korea, China, and Cuba, Si? :mad54:

But who's fault is that? The government doesn't say Republicans can't run, they just don't field a candidate.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I see a YUGE win if it goes to SCOTUS.

Remember, since Heller, both Kagan and Sotomayor've been placed on the court to speak (and work) for the left. In its current form, I can't foresee any scenario that'd result in any "YUGE" wins FOR the Bill of Rights. But I hope I'm wrong.

Peaceful John

May 31, 2011
    Remember, since Heller, both Kagan and Sotomayor've been placed on the court to speak (and work) for the left. In its current form, I can't foresee any scenario that'd result in any "YUGE" wins FOR the Bill of Rights. But I hope I'm wrong.

I think you're right. Any decision favoring us would probably be 5-4. But I took Fred333's post to suggest that the consequences of those 5 votes would be "YUGE".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom