• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Since they claim they can exact match the brass to a purchased handgun....I want my brass back!

Let's see how well the system really worked.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    This will help shipping a gun to FFL immensely. Nice the FFL's who can do the spent shell at $15 and up didn't lobby to keep it. :D

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    1time said:
    Hogan wants to cut funding to balance the budget. The other side likes spending money. No doubt this was presented as a "here is money that's not being used. You want it, get rid of the program and its yours for schools or whatever.

My hope is that it's that simple, and it shows cooperation at the top.

Wasn't funding for the shellcasing program cut years ago? It was an unfunded mandate, resulting in the barrels and barrels of casings. If that's the case, there was no trade to be made.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Wasn't funding for the shellcasing program cut years ago? It was an unfunded mandate, resulting in the barrels and barrels of casings. If that's the case, there was no trade to be made.
    I thought it was funded but the equipment was gone a long time ago. So in essence MSP had some money to p1ss away.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    To scrap the existing trove of brass would be the tragick! Think of the childrenz who could be saved by all that brass!

I say it should be maintained forever, in the Attorney General's garage.

He should be required to catalog it. Every case.

How bout buying it from the State at fmv, melting it down and re-casting it as a monument to the Second Amendment and locating it somewhere appropriate in Annapolis, e.g. across from the State House in Lawyers Square? :D

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Has anyone looked up the Senate amendments on the bill?

Edit:
    Not much of a change except to allow the MSP to dispose of the casings in a safe and legal manor.
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2015RS/amds/bil_0006/sb0736_35897601.pdf

This, and it clarifies that the positions added in 2013(?) are not de-funded, so the MSP can re-allocate them to something more useful.

The amendments make this essentially a backdoor headcount increase for the MSP. This is how G&S will be passed: Funding for all the stuff MSP does now, but removal of the requirements (like interviews) so they can do something else.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    How bout buying it from the State at fmv, melting it down and re-casting it as a monument to the Second Amendment and locating it somewhere appropriate in Annapolis, e.g. across from the State House in Lawyers Square? :D

Post of the day! And it's only 8:29 in the morning....

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    I think I'll take the credit for this one. You're welcome!
    4b7b61162f40a33941dae3400d22b6fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    It's a program that even cuomo in New York realized was bad. Even California stayed clear of it!

Wonder if we can call the MSP to get our casings after 10/1

It just took a little longer for our aces in Annapolis to come around and stop wasting millions chasing unicorns and rainbows. Wonder if they will auction to the highest bidder to recoup our taxpayer investment? :rolleyes:

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Another bite out of that elephant...;)

Nothing wrong with picking off some low hanging fruit. Even though it is a complete no brainer ... a gun owner friendly bill has been passed a year after FSA2013 ... take note folks and pat yourselves on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom