• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Posted a question to his facebook... Didnt really answer my question, seems like a nice guy though.. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Dewees.jpg
      Dewees.jpg
      100.1 KB · Views: 242

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Paragraph after paragraph of political snow job, trying to distract you with "gun guy talk", then he gets to that weaselly bit about

I fully support a law abiding citizen's right to possess and obtain a firearm with little delay.

Sounds like England, where a farmer may obtain a license for a single shot shotgun with "little delay".

Although I think that "little delay" could be months or years, and involve fingerprints, training, home inspections, etc.

He's not getting my vote.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Was your message a PM? I'm looking for it to post a reply but can't find it on his page.

kbarrett220

Jun 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I worked with Jimmy Dewee's on several occasions. He is a man of morals, ethics and values. He is human and has made mistakes but is quick to admit it and move forward. I would vote for him if I lived in Carroll County. If anyone has anything negative to say about him, I suggest you be a man an tell him to his face

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I worked with Jimmy Dewee's on several occasions. He is a man of morals, ethics and values. He is human and has made mistakes but is quick to admit it and move forward. I would vote for him if I lived in Carroll County. If anyone has anything negative to say about him, I suggest you be a man an tell him to his face

I don't doubt his morals, ethics, and values. What I'm stating is he completely neglected to answer the primary question (reason of this post) yellowsled posed to him. I see you're a retired trooper yourself and commend you on your work, but please reread the original post and question asked by yellowsled, then review Jim Dewee's response. Jim responded but not to the PRIMARY question that was asked of him as the primary aspect of the question was MOST obvious.

kbarrett220

Jun 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore, MD
    That's what makes this country so great. The right to have your own opinion. I beg to differ. He did answer the question. Maybe not as directly as he could have but he did nonetheless. In the 4th paragraph, 2nd sentence he states " We must enforce the current laws..." The current laws state that anyone wanted to be issued a concealed carry license must show a good and reasonable cause to do so. He agrees with a supports that law as do most Police Officer's. Currently the only way you will be issued a concealed carry permit is:
    - You are a current or retired Police Officer(Retired in good standing)
    - You have a documented death threat or attempt on your life
    and there are provisions for business people who deposit large anounts of cash, doctors who deliver prescriptions etc... but those are conditional on to and from the bank, delivery etc.. If you are stopped by an Officer at 2AM with your gun on you and your business closed at 9PM, you will be arrested. Technically, Maryland law doesn't even allow officers to carry their weapons off duty either but, HR218 took precedent over Maryland Law

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I might add that he isn't a desk jockey or a pencil pusher like most Police Officers. Dewees is a warrior and lives by the warriors dictum

So, let me get this straight. You're contending that there are more police officers assigned to admin positions than there are detectives and on patrol? Got it.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    That's what makes this country so great. The right to have your own opinion. I beg to differ. He did answer the question. Maybe not as directly as he could have but he did nonetheless. In the 4th paragraph, 2nd sentence he states " We must enforce the current laws..." The current laws state that anyone wanted to be issued a concealed carry license must show a good and reasonable cause to do so. He agrees with a supports that law as do most Police Officer's. Currently the only way you will be issued a concealed carry permit is:
    and there are provisions for business people who deposit large anounts of cash, doctors who deliver prescriptions etc... but those are conditional on to and from the bank, delivery etc.. If you are stopped by an Officer at 2AM with your gun on you and your business closed at 9PM, you will be arrested. Technically, Maryland law doesn't even allow officers to carry their weapons off duty either but, HR218 took precedent over Maryland Law

SB281 is a current law - although not yet implemented.

I think I will vote for someone else. Dewees obviously does not know or care about his constituency in Carroll County.

kbarrett220

Jun 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Easily, most law enforcement agencies are set up that way. Look at US ARMY. The Infantry is the primary fighting force but make up about 10% of the entire ARMY. The rest of the ARMY's job is to support the Infantry

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    bottom line, I was not calling into question his morals, ethics, and values, but i feel as a voter in Carroll county... My Question was not answered. just sayin...

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland

THIS, if any reason not to vote for him, it is that he is satisfied, as it seems you are also, with the status quo. Being the current un-Constitutional requirements to be issued a CCW permit in this state. We need someone who will stand up against this current law and fight WITH us to get it changed.

And on a side note, I believe you are mistaken in saying that MOST LEO's agree with the current law, but I have no way of proving that since I cannot speak directly to the majority, just the ones I meet/know personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom