• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toshu

Nov 19, 2012
    Ocean City
    For those of you who are MD FFLs, here are some questions:

What are the rules for selling a firearm on MD?? I am thinking of selling some things on Gunbroker. Specifically can I ship directly to an FFL, whether in state or out of state, if it is a:
    Pistol
    Regulated long gun (AR)
    Long gun (unregulated)

or do I have to go through an FFL in MD to ship it out, or do the transfer out of state???

Same question goes for a person to person transfer within MD for the three categories listed above?? If I can do a person to person transfer, what if any records or ID do I need to worry about??

What about magazines over 20 rounds...how and to whom can they be sold??

Thanks

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    You can sell a non-regulated long gun face to face in Maryland as long as the buyer is a Maryland resident. In order to sell a regulated rifle, you must go through an FFL or the Maryland State Police. If you decide to use an FFL, I would suggest calling first to find out their rates.

toshu

Nov 19, 2012
    Ocean City
    You can sell a non-regulated long gun face to face in Maryland as long as the buyer is a Maryland resident. In order to sell a regulated rifle, you must go through an FFL or the Maryland State Police. If you decide to use an FFL, I would suggest calling first to find out their rates.

MDGolom,

thanks

what about out of state sales thru Gunbroker?? Do you need a MD FFL to ship out "regulated" guns that were bought in PA, cuz thats probably the route I will take with what I am thinking of selling

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    You can ship a regulated handgun or rifle to a FFL in state or out of state. Some FFL's might not take from a Non-ffl, but thats their policy.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    You can ship a regulated handgun or rifle to a FFL in state or out of state. Some FFL's might not take from a Non-ffl, but thats their policy.

Who do you guys use to ship long guns vs regulated (specifically pistols) to ship to FFL's?

tbucket1984

Aug 25, 2011
    Have used UPS and FED EX without any issues so far. Check with your local gun shop that you deal with and they can help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom