• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    On the PPQ - The short reset of the trigger seems that a unintentional doubletap may occur?

Obviously if you are following basic safety, there should not be any issues other than two holes, but for conversation.

I'm just used to it. My 1911 has no creep and an even shorter and lighter trigger pull then my PPQ.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    On the PPQ - The short reset of the trigger seems that a unintentional doubletap may occur?

Obviously if you are following basic safety, there should not be any issues other than two holes, but for conversation.

Nope. Same trigger as my p99 in "SA" mode. Never had a doubletap I didn't plan on.

In this video you can see the reset required between shots. If you're shooting, you should keep pressing through the break and make a conscious reset anyway. It's just easier to shoot fast if you want to. On the ppq, the trigger never moves all the way forward like on the p99as. In the video, after i rack the slide to cock the striker AND after i press the trigger to where it locks in it's rearward position....that's the position the ppq starts in, with a blade-style trigger safety. Everything from there on is the same(minus is letting all the way out at the end, it would just release to the rear locked position if the slide cycled)

the guns are just amazingly accurate as well. Here's a target from last week i shot at on-target around 30' or so. This is after thousands and thousands of shots through the gun. The factory target that came with it is a 1.5" group at 25 meters.

p99-groups-at-30-ft.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom