• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Man you guys suck!

These date always conflict with some other plans I have.

That's the day before my wife leaves for a 7 day bussinness trip to Chilie and Argentina.

Getting out of the house that day is going to be next to impossible.

Maybe if others bring their SO I could convince my wife to come along with me, is anyone planing on bringing their SO's with them?????

I should have my suppressor for my 226 by then as well. I could bring my suppressed AR, suppressed 9mm AR and suppressed Sig Mosquito as well. And some SBR's too

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Man you guys suck!

These date always conflict with some other plans I have.

That's the day before my wife leaves for a 7 day bussinness trip to Chilie and Argentina.

Getting out of the house that day is going to be next to impossible.

Maybe if others bring their SO I could convince my wife to come along with me, is anyone planing on bringing their SO's with them?????

I should have my suppressor for my 226 by then as well. I could bring my suppressed AR, suppressed 9mm AR and suppressed Sig Mosquito as well. And some SBR's too
    Here you go. If you order now it should make it just in time. She will never know the difference. You can thank me with a case of beer. :irule:

http://www.customlifesizestandups.com/

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    When I was there Sunday setting up the date for Norton, they said
    "the Rally Point Guy's", I laughed and said yes. They were happy to hear from us. Good people.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    When I was there Sunday setting up the date for Norton, they said
    "the Rally Point Guy's", I laughed and said yes. They were happy to hear from us. Good people.

It's great that they know who we are and are looking forawrd to having us back. It says a lot for the quality of the people here.

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    Hey jeepdriver,if your wife is headin to Chile I got a nice gift she could give to that jackass chavez,a nice frosty can off SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    The last shoot at Delmarva in January was way too much fun. Everyone really should make a point of trying to get there if possible.

In honor of our friends like Frosh and Lenett I'm not bringing any weapons that have less than a 20 round capacity. :party29: :D

We will also have a tribute to Mr. Paul Helmke of Brady Bunch Inc. For those of you not participating in the Appleseed Clinic, I will personally be conducting our inaugural "Indiscriminate Firing from the Hip Clinic", to be named the Helmke Trail of Tears. This course of fire is open to any "assault weapon", "bullet hose", "weapon of war", "gangster gun", or "terrorist weapon". The Grand Prize will be a box of Kleenex; good for sopping up tears while making your next emotionally based argument, or just general hand wringing.

Last edited:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Norton,

I'd be interested in the AR armorer's clinic if that's a possibility, depending on how long it might be.

I mostly want to spend time blazing off some rounds. :thumbsup:

It looks like my main AR guru, JeepDriver isn't going to make it so we're back to square one.

Maybe I'll put together a course of fire for a little friendly competition. We did this at a Rally Point shoot back last summer and it was lots of fun.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    i might drag myself down there....if i do i'll probably bring my girlfriend. she'd love the indiscriminate firing from the hip clinic. last time we went out we let her dump a 75 round drum out of richard's rock&roll AK. also dumped a 40round out of my semiauto AK. i'd like to attend if i can make it, put me down as a maybe, with a guest.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Some things for the shoot:

1. One of the purposes of Rally Point shoots is to be proactive in introducing new shooters to the sport. As such, please invite anyone that you think would be interested in learning more about shooting.

2. In response to #1, we will have on hand an instructor who will be happy to work with any new or inexperienced shooters.

3. Spot77 and Norton will serve as the range officers. The entire range will be treated as one firing line. Ceasefires will be called at a minimum of every 45-50 minutes.

4. Full auto is allowed. .50 BMG is allowed (changed to reflect updated information)

5. One of the other purposes of Rally Point shoots is to act as an impetus for the improvement of overall marksmanship. As such be on the lookout for the course of fire for our friendly rifle competition.

6. mpickering has agreed to be designated rifle instructor for the day.

7. Common sense rules apply -
    •Bring your ear and eye protection (though there are some there to be borrowed)
    •Leave the booze and other intoxicating substances at home​

8. You may need to share a bench if we get a good crowd. The golden rule applies.

9. If there are some guns that you want to try out, don't be afraid to ask! When I was looking for a 7.62NATO MBR, it was amazing getting to try out an FAL, G3, M1A all in one setting.

10. If you want help with a firearm, April 15th's the day to do it!

11. The range provides target backers/frames on all firing lines.

12. Putting clays on the berms is permitted if you like to watch things explode.

Last edited:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Course of fire for the friendly competition:
    Thanks go to Fargo007 (Ambassador of Good Will) of The Rally Point for laying out the basics of this.

Two targets per shooter will be issued.

Targets
    100 Yard Target
    200 yard target The 200 yard target will have a 4 inch black circle circumscribed inside of the 8" red circle.

Scoring:
    100 yard target -
    Head shot = 5 points
    Center white = 4 points
    Black other than head shot = 2 points​

200 yard target -
    4 inch circle = 6 points
    8 inch circle = 4 points​

Competition consists of 4 rounds:
    Round 1:
    5 rounds from prone position at 100y target.

Round 2:
    5 rounds from kneeling/sitting at 100y target.

Round 3:
    5 rounds from standing at 100y target.

Round 4:
    15 rounds prone at the 200y target.

Rifles:
    •Any center fire rifle with iron sights or non-magnified optics (red dots)
    •Scoped rifles/magnified optics subject to a 10% deduction
    •Slings permitted from all firing positions
    •Any magazine capacity permitted
    •No formal time limit to shoot the course. Reasonable time limit established by the completion of other shooters.

Prizes:
    •Bragging rights and the satisfaction of pitting yourself against other shooters.
    •Other strange and wonderful prizes as I can scrape together.
    •Awards are tentatively as follows here

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom