• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anyone own one? Pros? Cons?

I'm sort of an impulse gun buyer except with revolvers well his sort of covers that.........I guess hahahaha.

I've got a ton of shotguns and they all have a purpose, this ones purpose would be SandG's, and probably stay in the safe but the look has seriously grown on me.

Any owners or folks who have shot one want to share??.......shotgun joe is this novelty worth it?

Give it a week and I'm probably going to turn this into a WTB/T thread hahaha.

-Matt

Btw I did search and found a few threads on legality but no real honest opinions.

jayc0968

Cpl, U.S.M.C. 87-92
    Sep 22, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    My Dad has one, lotsa fun to shoot.
    He has a nice 45LC cast load worked up for it that my 10 yo niece hunts with.
    We ran some Win Sup Elite HD .410 loads thru it at 15 yds and those discs helds 5 inch groups with the BBs 2-3 inches wider.
    I'd set it next to my bed...

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    2A Sales said they couldn't sell it to me the 45/410 in MD because it falls into the "rotating cylinder shotgun" category. I ended up buying a CJ in .44 Magnum somewhere else. Fun to shoot and is really accurate at 50 Yards, and not bad at 100 yards.

Mr H

Banana'd
    2A Sales said they couldn't sell it to me the 45/410 in MD because it falls into the "rotating cylinder shotgun" category. I ended up buying a CJ in .44 Magnum somewhere else. Fun to shoot and is really accurate at 50 Yards, and not bad at 100 yards.

When was that?

There was some confusion early on in the FSA13 confusion, but Rossi/Taurus anticipated this and markets the CJ as a "rifle that accepts shotshells"

The cylinder shotgun classification is more for things like this:

Attachments

• 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      5.5 KB · Views: 348

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I think I saw one on the wall rack at DSG Crofton yesterday. 2 guys were oogling it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I think I saw one on the wall rack at DSG Crofton yesterday. 2 guys were oogling it.

I'm still like 75% sold on it but not ready to pull the trigger! thanks for the heads up though.

No powder burns on your forearms like the old school versions would give the guys?

LONGSHOT

May 7, 2011
    ABERDEEN,HARFORD
    look-up .410 handguns,it test all of them and all types of .410 ammo and has the targets and gelitain tests for each. go with S&W Governor.

Last edited:

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I had one and sold it. It was a fun range toy. I will get another one sometime. No, I never got powder burns while shooting it. There is a guard at the cylinder that prevents that.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    look-up .410 handguns,it test all of them and all types of .410 ammo and has the targets and gelitain tests for each. go with S&W Governor.

It's not a pistol and I've shot the governor it's pretty cool except when your dumb dumb partner buys 3 inch shells.......after shot the cylinder doesn't rotate hint hint

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I had one and sold it. It was a fun range toy. I will get another one sometime. No, I never got powder burns while shooting it. There is a guard at the cylinder that prevents that.

That's good, I know that was a concern with powder burns.....my only issue is adding 45 lc to my list of things I own. Which one did you have the stainless or regular and why did you get rid of her......if I may ask.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I had the blued one. I sold it to a friend to buy the stainless one in a local shop. The stainless one was sold before I went to get it. I will replace it when I come across another stainless one.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I had the blued one. I sold it to a friend to buy the stainless one in a local shop. The stainless one was sold before I went to get it. I will replace it when I come across another stainless one.

Thanks and that's good news! The 650 price tag and 45LC are the only reasons I'm not out searching for one. I'd prefer to buy one used.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    There is a used blued one in a shop up this way. If I remember correctly, it is in the low $500's. If you are interested, PM me and I will send you the shops information.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    There is a used blued one in a shop up this way. If I remember correctly, it is in the low $500's. If you are interested, PM me and I will send you the shops information.

I appreciate the offer but that's a hike for me. I actually used to live up your way and used to frequent a few gun shops up there but I'm in silver spring now and that becomes a day trip. Maybe if I can get the girl to go christmas shopping in Hagerstown, I can add a visit further west on my list.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I appreciate the offer but that's a hike for me. I actually used to live up your way and used to frequent a few gun shops up there but I'm in silver spring now and that becomes a day trip. Maybe if I can get the girl to go christmas shopping in Hagerstown, I can add a visit further west on my list.

Just let me know. They have had it a while now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom